I had my spring break where my family came down and we did some remodeling of the house. Two walls and doors put in. We got a new locking situation on our front door. I also got one wall painted. Ollie's room sadly did not get finished, but my mom did find a place to stay that she will be moving into very soon. We also got more shelving for my books.
I pretty much completed my testing for the year. I may have one or two students left, but one lost his hearing aid and the other has been absent most of the year so I'm not going to stress over it.
One of my closest friends actually graduated from her one-year intensive program and is now looking for a job. Bradley is almost done with school until the summer, and I have about one month left of work.
I am no longer within the double digits of my pregnancy, which is terrifying.
Number of Book I Read: 23
Number of Books I DNF'd: 1
Goodreads Challenge Progress: 96 out of 150.
Number of Blog Posts this Month: 29
Reviews from March Completed:
- Sacrifice by N. Isabelle Blanco
- GOLDILOCKS by Jay Crownover
- Just One Night by Carly Phillips
- The Glass Slipper by K. Webster
- I BITE SHE SUCKS by Penelope Bloom
- Earn Your Extra Credit by Meghan Quinn
- Mr. Smithfield by Louise Bay
- She Drives Me Crazy Kelly Quindlen
- AT WITS' END by Kenzie Reed
- Her Forbidden Cowboy by Charlene Sands
- BOOTS ON THE GROUND by April Canavan
- The Design of Dukes by Kathleen Ayers
Book(s) that Surprised Me:
April's Books I was Excited For:
1. Netgalley: My goal is to read 2 to 3 books a month. I only got 1 book read this month.
2. Edelweiss: My goal is to read 1 or 2 books from them for a month. Sadly, no books this month.
3. Reading my own books: My goal is 3-4 books a month from either my e-books or my bookshelves. Sadly I did not get any books of my own read this month.
4. Cleaning Up My TBR Pile: I got 24 books cleaned off of my bookshelf.
6. Writing: Editing and sending off. I finally got more space on my word so I did actually get to open the book document this month, but I didn't get to do much more than that.
7. Series: I would like to finish 5 series this year. I finished 1 from my book reviews and 1 from KindleUnlimted.
8. Blog stuff: My goal is to take one weekend out of the month to comment back on blogs. I got 2 weeks in a row of commenting.
What's Coming In May:
- My mom moves down
- I'm having my friends over for a painting party
- My sibling-in-law moves in with us
- I will be down to one month of pregnancy
- I will have 20 meetings for the rest of the year
Books I'm Looking Forward to:
How was your April?