Wow, I can't believe January is already almost over. I there has been sooo much going on this year in the world and personally it's enough to make my head spin. I've been trying to take some time and think about goals that I would both like to accomplish and think I can accomplish with my upcoming life changes this year. I have family moving down here and a family member moving into my house later this year. I also have my baby Oliver coming in June. Plus work, my book, blogging, reading, and general life stuff. So, while I want to make some lofty goals for the year, I also want to be realistic in what I can most likely accomplish this year. So enough of my blathering on, let's get to the goals.
Last year I had a couple of these goals and I did really well with them until around September so I'm hoping that I can keep up with these as I have done a lot better with keeping track of my book schedule this year.
1. Netgalley: My goal is to read 2 to 3 books a month. I am so dang behind with my Netgalley reviews so my major goal is going to be 30 books read off of this platform. It seems like a lot, but some may end up being DNF's or one star reviews so that'll be a lot less work. I have already scheduled about 20 of the books into my schedule this year so as long as I keep to that I should be okay.
2. Edelweiss: My goal is to read 1 or 2 books from them for a month. I only have about 30 books on my Edelweiss shelf and I would love the clear out all the books from previous years for this year.
3. Reading my own books: My goal is 3-4 books a month from either my e-books or my bookshelves. I did so well with this last year and then I started dealing with FOMO on my blog tour sign ups and I lost track of my actual books.
4. Cleaning Up My TBR Pile: I would like to finish cleaning up my TBR shelf this year. I only had about 300 books to sort through so I think if I start working on them earlier and scheduling them, I can complete this challenge by the time I give birth in June.
5. Comics: I did really well with this last year. Finally catching up on my comics and actually having only comics from 2020 to finish for this new year. The husbanator and I just recently went and picked up our latest copies so I'm hoping to stay on top of the posts and actually write some fun stuff about them on the blog this year.
6. Writing: Editing and sending off. I paid an editor to look over my book late last year and have been putting off looking at it ever since. I definitely would like to reach out to some publishers and agents this year and hopefully have my book go somewhere other than sit in my word documents forever.
7. Series: I would like to finish 5 series this year. A lot of them I only have like one or two books that I need to read and I would really just like to finish some of them up. I have around 30 series to wrap up that have been completed so 5 doesn't seem like too lofty of a goal.8. Blog stuff: My goal is to take one weekend out of the month to comment back on blogs. Right now that's about all I can dedicate and I am going to schedule in a weekend every month that I just spend time commenting on other blogs.
And that's it so far. I hope everyone is doing well this year.
What are your reading goals this year?