Oh my goodness everyone 2020 is over!!!! I don't think I'm the only person that is excited to put this year in my rearview. I did have a lot of highlights this year, but the state of the world and the uncertainty of things has me ready to say a huge GOODBYE to 2020.
- Got a free dishwasher (by accident).
- Despite Covid and social distancing, I was able to spend some time with my family and in-laws.
- I got some more bookish tattoos
- I'm pregnant!
- I read 477 books this year.
- Bradley got me a bicycle!! It's yellow!!
- Bradley started his new program and is loving it.
- I finished watching Supernatural.
- The freaking presidential election folks! I could not be happier about that!
- I had a very allergic reaction to poison ivy.
- Bradley did some amazing work outside in our yard and garden.
- Since starting my profession, this is the first year I have been at the same job.
- I got a lot of my baking goals met: made bread for the first time, pizza (dough and sauce), pretzels. whoopie pies, pies, cookies, and dinner rolls.
- I changed my hair and got it shaved underneath. No one can tell but me, but it's been so much lighter and less nappy under there.
Top Books of 2020:
1. Netgalley: My goal is to read 2 to 3 books a month. I read 33 books from my Netgalley shelf this year. Feels so good!
2. Edelweiss: My goal is to read 1 or 2 books from them for a month. I didn't do as well I don't think towards this goal that I wanted to do, but I read 9 books on my edelweiss shelf.
3. Reading my own books: My goal is 3-4 books a month from either my e-books or my bookshelves. I read 17 new books off of my own physical bookshelf and 6 new books from my e-book.
4. Cleaning Up My TBR Pile:
5. Comics: I read 140 comic books this year which feels so good. I had gotten so behind and I am finally caught up with the comics that are from this current school year.
6. Health & Exercise: I did some exercising this year and really focused on my health. I helped a lot with yard work until I got poison ivy on both of my legs and recovered from that. I really tried to stick with staying healthy this year since Bradley and I were planning on trying to get pregnant. My first trimester was a little rough on me since I was just tired all the time, but I made an effort to walk regularly at work and do chores around the house.
Books I'm excited about:
How was everyone's 2020?
Are you just as ready to be done with this year?
What are you excited about in 2021?