Holy smokes everyone, how in the heck is it already August? I was not prepared for this month to be over so quickly. I spent the first two weeks of this month with my in-laws visiting and the last two weeks recovering from their visit. The husbanator is taking his second summer courses this month so he's been extra busy. I took my sibling-in-law to visit Appalachian State (his dream college) and spent a lot of this month reading. I don't think I've ever read so much.
We got some new stuff for the house: this lovely sign, and new (not hideous lights)! Huge thanks to the husbanator for putting the new lights up!
We had some bird visitors that had me squealing with delight. A hummingbird and a yellow finch!
Number of Books Read: 36
Goodreads Challenge Progress: 362 out of 150.
Number of Blog Posts this Month: 39
Blog Updates: Updated my "Books Reviewed" and my "About Me" page
Book Series I Finished: I finished The Blood of Stars series by Elizabeth Lim and The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy by Kaydence Snow, and the Wicked Trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout
New Posts: I finally got to a Comic Corner post, a Mid-Year Update, and a DNF report
Boyfriend Material Alexis Hall (5/5 bats)
To Catch an Earl by Kate Bateman (5/5 bats)
Nerdy Little Secret by Carrie Aarons (4/5 bats)
The Queen: A Wicked Novella by Jennifer L. Armentrout (4.5/5 bats)
LETHAL EDGE by Kaylea Cross (5/5 bats)
The Wallflower Wager by Tessa Bailey (5/5 bats)
Variant Lost by Kaydence Snow (5/5 bats)
Always a Bridesmaid Cindi Madsen (5/5 bats)
Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston (2/5 bats)
All Scot and Bothered Kerrigan Byrne (4.5/5 bats)
INKED by Sarah Darlington (3.5/5 bats)
FORBIDDEN DESIRE by Robin Lovett (4.5/5 bats)
CONFESSIONS OF A BOOKAHOLIC by Joslyn Westbrook (3.5/5 bats)
JOIN THE CLUB by Lani Lynn Vale (3/5 bats)
A SWEET MESS by Jayci Lee (5/5 bats)
Favorite Book(s) of the Month:
Book(s) that Surprised Me:
Fury On Fire was a bit of a disappointment for me. I wasn't a fan despite loving the first two books.
One Click Love was fabulous. I loved this story and it was super enjoyable.
1. Netgalley: My goal is to read 2 to 3 books a month. I got 9 of the books read and reviewed for Netgalley this month. 2 were DNF's and 7 of the reviews have been posted.
2. Edelweiss: My goal is to read 1 or 2 books from them for a month. I didn't get any read but I did get this 1 reviewed.
3. Reading my own books: My goal is 3-4 books a month from either my e-books or my bookshelves. I got 2 read this month. The last 2 books on Edelweiss so that'll be 2 books towards that goal that will be finished.
4. Cleaning Up My TBR Pile: I tossed 29 books this month.
5. Comics: Sadly no comics this month. I'm still waiting on the husbanator to read from his pile, but I did get a Comic Corner post finished.
6. Health & Exercise: What to say about my health and exercise this month? It was....not so great. I didn't eat too healthy with the in-laws being here (ice cream is a food group) nor was I able to exercise too much. In the last two weeks, I was able to help with yard work and I've exercised a couple times this last week.
Books I'm Looking Forward to:
How was everyone's July?
Did it go by quickly for you too?
What books are you excited for in August?