Thank goodness August is finally over. It was way too hot and the whole month was a suckfest of stress. I really struggled this month emotionally as I headed back into school full time. Since Bradley is going back to school I am currently the only one working so it's been extra stressful trying to be safe in this pandemic with numbers rising and students coming back into the buildings. I also was told at the last minute that my favorite school was going to a different psych this year and I'd be getting a new school. So far, I'm liking the new school, but am feeling super lonely and stressed at work trying to learn a whole new school during a time I can't be sitting in with students and staff.
My reading was significantly down this month, from my usual 36 to 12 this month. I've just been in a bit of a stress fog and struggling to find any motivation to read. Sadly, many of the books I attempted to read I ended up DNFing or just not even being able to start and missing their review dates.
This month overall has just been a pretty stressful and crappy month with a few highlights in there. I did have a couple of my friends come over and cheer me up for the night. I also got my last tattoo for a while as we're trying to have a baby. Which of course brings it's own set of stress, but I guess that's what August is all about this month.
I have a friend that needs help with a study. If you fit the criteria for this study or know someone that does, please spread the word. Post here!
I made my first homemade pizza!!!
My first day of school/work photo
And of course husband and puppy love! Bradley got his third round of color in for his sleeve.
I got a tattoo based on the Guess How Much I Love You book by Sam McBratney
Number of Books Read: 15
Goodreads Challenge Progress: 381 out of 150.
Number of Blog Posts this Month: 40
Blog Updates: Updated my "Books Reviewed"
Book Series I Finished: Devil's Rock by Sophie Jordan
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
Poison and Honey by Kristen Brand
Favorite Book(s) of the Month:
I Am Enough and Sulwe are absolute must-reads and books I wish I'd had growing up. Stolen was a very well written romance I really enjoyed.
Book(s) that Surprised Me:
Midnight Sun was surprisingly good. I couldn't put it down and am hoping to see more Edward stories in the future.
1. Netgalley: My goal is to read 2 to 3 books a month. Sadly, the 2 books I "read" from Netgalley I ended up DNFing.
2. Edelweiss: My goal is to read 1 or 2 books from them for a month. I got 3 books from Edelweiss read and the reviews are written, I just need to schedule them into next month's posts.
3. Reading my own books: My goal is 3-4 books a month from either my e-books or my bookshelves. I didn't get a single book read of my own this month.
4. Cleaning Up My TBR Pile: I didn't do this post this month. I've been a bit out of it this month and my blog has definitely been suffering from it.
5. Comics: Sadly I didn't read any comics. Still waiting for the husbanator to get to reading, but I did do a Comic Corner post. You can see it here.
6. Health & Exercise: My mental and physical health took a dive this month. I wasn't eating super unhealthy, in fact, I was probably eating better than usual since I pact high fiber lunches, but I was not exercising and work has been keeping me glued to the computer for some time now. Mentally, I've been stressing and I just haven't been feeling the best.
Books I'm Looking Forward to:
How was everyone's August?
Any books you're super excited about for September?