Holy smokes everyone, May is over. Honestly, I have no idea where this month went. It was over so quickly. I have to say I am so over Zoom meetings that if I never have to participate in another one I would be so happy.
Outside of work, I got poison ivy this month on both legs and my left arm from yard work so that was a real treat as I'm sure you can imagine. I have also tried some new baking stuff so that was extra exciting this month as well. Bread and elephant ears. Both very good. Hubmachine liked the bread the best and I, of course, liked the elephant ears.
Bradley has been doing a bunch of yard work that I will say I was happy to sit out due to the poison ivy. He did such amazing work though and our yard is really coming along. He also started school up again and is now taking online night classes and doing a lot of homework. He's very happy.
My elephant ears. They were sooooo good!!!
My husband turned into a Disney Princess
During Teacher Appreciation Week my lovely principal dropped off a little gift!
Bradley put together the composter
Bradley's yard work:
My lovely puppy Speedy turned 5!!
Bradley hung up the puppies leashes and sweaters!
Number of Books Read: 35
Goodreads Challenge Progress: 286 out of 150.
Number of Blog Posts this Month: 43
Blog Updates: I definitely need to update my book reviews page. Since I'll be done with work June 2nd I will be able to dedicate more time.
Books Reviewed: I reviewed a bunch of books this month and did a way better job of keeping up with my book reviews than ever before. I had two books this month that I'm still working through and had a couple DNF's and some books I didn't review due to low ratings.
Book Series I Finished: 2 series finished!! The Talon series by Julie Kagawa and the Razorland Trilogy.
Discussion Post: I got my second discussion post read this year! Blogging: A Dedicated Hobby.
CALIFORNIA DREAMIN' by Saffron A. Kent
Bossy: TONY by J.A. Huss
THE RIVAL ROOMIES by Piper Rayne
MAY CONTAIN WINE by Lani Lynn Vale
HEIRED LINES by Magan Vernon
Like You Care by Kaydence Snow
Wicked Web by CoraLee June
COACH ME by Shanora Williams
GHOST by DJ Bryce
TAKE A CHANCE ON ME by Lea Coll
Riot by Tillie Cole
BROKEN BONDS by Kaylea Cross
WHEN A HEART TRIPS by Dominique Laura
Book(s) that Surprised Me:
I was really excited about this book but it was very disappointing for me. I love the Hunger Games Trilogy and this one just felt unnecessary and it was very boring.
2. Edelweiss: My goal is to read 1 or 2 books from them a month. I got one read this month. I'm so happy!! I'm hoping to keep up the momentum for the summer.
3. Reading my own books: My goal is 3-4 books a month from either my e-books or my bookshelves. I got 4 books read from my bookshelf this month. It's been amazing actually getting to move books around on my bookshelves.
4. Cleaning Up My TBR Pile: I'm still going through my e-books, but I was able to go through and toss about 70 more books this month.
5. Comics! I read 49 comics this month and finished a couple storylines this month.
6. Health & Exercise: At the beginning of the month I was doing a lot better at this, but since I was out of commission for close to 3 weeks with the poison ivy rash where it hurt to walk let alone exercise I had to put that aside sadly. Since it's all healed up now I'm hoping to get back to doing yard work and exercising.
Books I'm Looking Forward To:
How was your month of May?
Did you read anything good?
What books are you excited about in June?