It's almost the end of the year and I have to say I'm feeling really good about it after this month. I got to spend some time focusing on me, my writing, and my amazing hubstanator. I've started physical therapy for some of my health issues. It's been feeling very good to start taking measures to take care of myself more regularly.
October I had been very downhearted and anxious about my new job. Now? I honestly am feeling like I finally found my place. Bradley started grad school applications for School Counseling this month. Very excited to see the news that December brings with that.
One of my new offices. Not showing the other since decorations aren't up yet.
Bradley and I went to the Renaissance Faire!
Got my little Mandrake
I made cinnamon rolls and dinner rolls from scratch for the first time. They turned out delicious.
My hubby got the first part in his arm piece this month!
We got the last of our garden offerings. Peppers!!
Song of the Month:
I read 22 books this month.
Goodreads Challenge Goal of 150. I've read 255 so far this year.
Blog posts this month: 49 posts-almost one a day! A lot more than I planned but oh well.
I've continued participating in Cleaning Up My TBR Pile and tossed 37 books this month
Favorite Book(s) of the Month
I read some great books this month. Reviews for Void by CoraLee June, A Touch of Darkness by Scarlett St. Clair, and The Edge of Reason by J. Saman are available here. Top Secret by Sarina Bowen and Omega Academy by Lily Archer are both on KindleUnlimited and I found some time between reviews to read them. Reviews coming soon.
Book(s) that Surprised Me:
Dirty Swedish Player by R.C. Stephens was fabulous! So cute. I didn't love it but it was a super cute and sweet read. Lip Smacker by Alison Bailey? Not so much. Did not enjoy that at all.
Goals This Year and My Progress
1. Continuing to stay on top of my book reviews. I think I did super well this month. I got the books I read reviewed so I feel pretty good about this.
2. Continue commenting regularly on other blogs. Commenting has been limited to weekends and I haven't reached out to any new blogs this so month, but I haven't stopped commenting so I'm counting it as a win.
3. Finish a couple series on my bookshelves.
I got the Harry Potter school books read this month!
4. Writing. I took part in NaNoWriMo this month and won! I'm at 58,174 by the end of this month.
5. Working towards self-compassion. I did super well this month. I did my nails. I washed my face regularly and I exercised with some irregularity. Plus working at a new place has been very helpful in making me happy.
7. Discussion posts. I got one done this month. It felt really good to keep up with the tradition. What Draws You To A Book?
What is happening in December? Well, lots of good things I hope!
- I'm getting another book-related tattoo this month and the hubby is getting the second half of his arm done.
- I'm hoping to finish writing my book by the beginning of the month and then spend the rest of the month looking for an editor of some sort to work on it for the rest of the month.
- Holiday break is coming up so I'll have 3 weeks of work and then freedom.
- My family (Papa and brother-in-law) are coming down!
- I turn 27 this month! Birthday happiness abounds!!!
How was your month of November?
Did you read anything good?