August went by so crazy fast I can't believe it. I had a very amazing month. I started my new job-as a full-time School Psychologist (my actual career, YAY!!!), which while starting out slow, I am actually getting home at a reasonable time now. If anyone of you has been reading my page for a while now you'll know that my internship was an hour and a half away, but with traffic, I ended up being away from home for 12-13 hours a day (from 6 am to 5 or 6 pm). That was hard. Now I wake up later and I'm home by 4 pm! It's great!
I have also spent a lot of this month spending time with friends and my husband and puppies.
|My husband and I fed some duckies!|
My friend came to visit and we toured Charlotte together!
PRIDE weekend went on so some friends took us to a Gay Bar in Uptown. So fun!
|We started growing our roses again. They look so pretty!|
|I made a new dessert I found on Pinterest! So good!|
Song of the Month:
Favorite Book(s) of the Month:
All these books are must reads!
Book(s) that Surprised Me:
I was worried that this story wouldn't hold up to her others, but it so did.
TBR: Read 20 books on my TBR pile list
Complete Series Challenge
NetGalley: Read & Review 2 books a month
Read over 76,384 pages
Working on my writing
Where I'm at this Month:
TBR: 0 books read this month, 12 total read, 8 books left
Complete Series Challenge: 1 book read this month, 0 series read this month,
4 series complete, 9 series left
Random: 0 book read, 6 books left
NetGalley: 4 books read, 2 books reviewed
Pages to Read: 52,323 read with 25,343 pages left
Writing: Finished 2 subject sections, have 8 pages left
2. The Peculiars by Maureen Boyle McGuerry
3. Origin by Jessica Khoury
4. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan
5. Nameless by Lili St. Crow
6. I Am Malala By Malala Yousafzai
8. Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Lazear
10. Solving for Ex by Leigh Ann Kopans
11. Scan (Scan #1) by Sarah Fine & Walter Jury
12. Playing Pretend by Juliana Haygert
13. Tethered (A Birthright Novel #1) by Brandi Leigh Hall
14. Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell
15. The Jewel (The Lone City #1) by Amy Ewing
16. Devada (Angels and Demons #1) by Tich Brewster
17. You Slay Me (Aisling Grey #1) by Katie MacAlister
18. Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren DeStefano
19. Matched by Ally Condie
20.The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
21. The 5TH Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey
22. Doomed by Tracy Deebs
23. The Lonesome Young by Lucy Connors
24. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
25. Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Showalter
26. Unforgiven (Fallen #5) by Lauren Kate
27. Tempest Rising (Tempest #1) by Tracy Deebs
28. Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca
29. Quarterback Draw (Play by Play #9) by Jaci Burton
30. The Leopard King (Ars Numina #1) by Ann Aguirre
32. Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
5. Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
40. Ruined by Amy Tintera
42. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
My goal was to get to 80% last year. I started this year with 70% and am now 56%. Definitely not the direction I wanted to go, but last year it seemed like I would get one book read and then sent 8 more at one time. It was insane and I really couldn't keep up. This year I'm aiming to read 4 Netgalley books a month.
- I hope to read two books for each challenge
- I WILL finish typing up my notebook
- I want to get my blog fully updated with reviews and such
How was everyone's August?