I went to the Cincinnati Zoo to meet Fiona the Hippo. Not my favorite zoo, but seeing Fiona was great.
Song of the Month:
Favorite Book(s) of the Month:
Book(s) that Surprised Me:
This book was surprising terrible beyond belief.
These two were so good. I was so excited that these books were good.
TBR: Read 20 books on my TBR pile list
Complete Series Challenge
NetGalley: Read & Review 2 books a month
Read over 76,384 pages
Working on my writing
Where I'm at this Month:
TBR: 1 books read this month, 12 total, 8 books left
Complete Series Challenge: 0 series left this year, 4 series complete, 9 series left
Random: 1 book read, 6 books left
NetGalley: 6 books read, 3 books reviewed
Pages to Read: 49,662 read with 28,004 pages left
Writing: Wrote 20 pages: 25 pages of the notebook left
I started this meme to finally get some books off my TBR reading shelf. So at the beginning of the year, I made a list of all the books I had listed for this meme. This month was a good one for me in terms of this reading challenge. I finished 1 books towards the challenge this month and 12 total this year.
2. The Peculiars by Maureen Boyle McGuerry
3. Origin by Jessica Khoury
4. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan
5. Nameless by Lili St. Crow
6. I Am Malala By Malala Yousafzai
8. Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Lazear
10. Solving for Ex by Leigh Ann Kopans
11. Scan (Scan #1) by Sarah Fine & Walter Jury
12. Playing Pretend by Juliana Haygert
13. Tethered (A Birthright Novel #1) by Brandi Leigh Hall
14. Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell
15. The Jewel (The Lone City #1) by Amy Ewing
16. Devada (Angels and Demons #1) by Tich Brewster
17. You Slay Me (Aisling Grey #1) by Katie MacAlister
18. Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren DeStefano
19. Matched by Ally Condie
20.The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
21. The 5TH Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey
22. Doomed by Tracy Deebs
23. The Lonesome Young by Lucy Connors
24. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
25. Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Showalter
26. Unforgiven (Fallen #5) by Lauren Kate
27. Tempest Rising (Tempest #1) by Tracy Deebs
28. Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca
29. Quarterback Draw (Play by Play #9) by Jaci Burton
30. The Leopard King (Ars Numina #1) by Ann Aguirre
32. Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
5. Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
40. Ruined by Amy Tintera
42. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
My goal was to get to 80% last year. I started this year with 70% and am now 56%. Definitely not the direction I wanted to go, but last year it seemed like I would get one book read and then sent 8 more at one time. It was insane and I really couldn't keep up. This year I'm aiming to read 2 Netgalley books a month. This month I read 3 books. I don't feel so bad about the other challenges since I fell a bit behind this month when reading these.
- I start working my first official job soon
- A friend of mine is coming to visit
- My husband is starting his second year at work.
- I'm hoping to finish my notebook
How was everyone's July? Anyone having a good August?