2017 is finally over and I have to say folks I am not sorry to see it go. This was a very trying year for a multitude of reasons. Glad to be starting fresh in the new year.
2017 came with a lot of stress. If you've followed my blog since the beginning of the year then you know that my husband was applying for Ph.D. programs all across the country and I was applying for internships. Well, he got into the University of North Carolina-Charlotte and BAM we moved. I got an internship an hour away from home and I love it so very much. My husband and I spent some time visiting the East Coast this year, which was absolutely amazing. I got to visit one of my closest friends and we got tattoos, again. We visited Washington D.C. and had a great road trip for two weeks. One of the best summers ever. Oh and we got a new puppy. If you want to see more details of my year I'll be posting links to my monthly recaps here: January, February, March, May, June, July, August, October, November, December.
As for 2018 and what that brings well, I'm still in school and working on my internship which makes it difficult to comment on other blogs. I've fallen really behind on my book reviews, but I think I'm just going to start fresh this year. I know I need to start posting more of my reviews and own stuff instead of blog tour stuff and so that will be a definite goal for the year.
Hubmachine and I are planning on moving into a house instead of an apartment over the summer. We wanted to move last year into a house, but that just wasn't in the cards. I'll be finished with my schooling in May and my internship sometime in June unless there's no snow, meaning I'll get done sooner (crossing my fingers).
Favorite Movies from 2017:
Favorite Books from 2017:
I read 343 books & 76,234 pages
I read 23 books that have been on my TBR pile this year. Honestly, I think I did pretty awesome in the books I got to reading this year.
I started this meme to finally get some books off my TBR reading shelf. So at the beginning of the year, I made a list of all the books I had listed for this meme. As of this year, I completed 94 of the 120 books on this list. I still have a lot of books on my shelf so I will be doing my best to post and complete books this year. It was helpful this year that my other reading challenges were so closely related to this challenge.
. Angelfire (Angelfire #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton
35. The Registry by Shannon Stoker
36. The Peculiars by Maureen Boyle McGuerry
38. Origin by Jessica Khoury
40. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Leviathan
43. Nameless by Lili St. Crow
46. I Am Malala By Malala Yousafzai
47. Pure by Julianna Baggot
48. Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Lazear
51. Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting
53. Solving for Ex by Leigh Ann Kopans
59. Scan (Scan #1) by Sarah Fine & Walter Jury
67. Playing Pretend by Juliana Haygert
71. Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell
73. The Jewel (The Lone City #1) by Amy Ewing
79. Devada (Angels and Demons #1) by Tich Brewster
80. You Slay Me (Aisling Grey #1) by Katie MacAlister
81. Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren DeStefano
83. Matched by Ally Condie
87. The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
88. The 5TH Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey
99. Doomed by Tracy Deebs
100. The Lonesome Young by Lucy Connors
09. Screwdriver (Cocktail #3) by Alice Clayton
114. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
116. Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Snowalter
117. Unforgiven (Fallen #5) by Lauren Kate
118. Tempest Rising (Tempest #1) by Tracy Deebs
119. Last Years Mistake by Gina Ciocca
120. Quarterback Draw (Play by Play #9) by Jaci Burton
I had a goal to binge read through authors and books a couple years ago. The idea was to a bunch of books together and binge read them like a Netflix show. Like same author or books that are going to be movies or books about werewolves. This year I think I did pretty well. I had a goal for uncompleted book series, and two random piles I had accumulated from giveaways and RT. The final binge was the Harry Potter books. I was doing really well with those until book 4, which is taking me forever to get through since it is dragging a tad for me.
Binge #1: Random Pile I sadly only finished one.
Binge #2: This second random pile I finished 10 books this year and only have four left. Pretty happy with how that turned out.
Binge #3: Unfinished series I have to say I completed a bunch this year. I always have trouble completing series since I never want to say goodbye. Thankfully all these endings were amazing so they made it worth it. Only one series left so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.
Binge #4: Harry Potter really is amazing and I'm loving the books. I think I brought this challenge up half way through the year and after book three the books get pretty long. I'm going to do my best to get through the rest of these by the end of 2018.
My goal was to get to 80%. I started this year with 70% and am now at 58%. Definitely not the direction I wanted to go, but this year I would get one book read and then sent 8 more at one time. It was insane and I really couldn't keep up. I have a plan for next year.
I've read 36 books towards my Netgalley goal this year! Hoping next year is a better year for Netgalley.
Holy smokes I can't believe it's 2018. I'm feeling very positive about what this year will be like in terms of my life, my blog, and my reading. I'm going to work hard to keep up with everything and try to post at least one review a week and one meme a week. Reading challenges will also be a go.
Hope everyone had an amazing year! See you in 2018!