Thursday, August 3, 2017

Most Amazing Month Ever! Monthly Recap of July

Oh my goodness everyone! July is over! I have to say this past July has been one of the best months of my life. I swear I had so many adventures and while of course there was ups and downs, this month has been the best month ever. I am now living in a new state! I got an internship!!! Meaning I can finish my degree and stop having to see the craptastic people running my program more than three more times. I had some amazing adventures this month: I went to the Renaissance Faire, saw Queen with my mom, went to a couple family parties, met with a couple friends, went strawberry picking, and celebrated my second year wedding anniversary!!!!

Nonbookish Stuff:

Renaissance Faire:

Botanical Gardens Visit: The Morton Arboretum:

Queen Concert:

Friend Visit around Hometown in Illinois:

New Home in North Carolina
Strawberry Picking:

Bookish Stuff

New Bookshelves:

My bookshelves are all up and going. I now have matching bookshelves in my apartment that are bigger and fit all the books!


Favorite Book(s) of the Month:
My favorite reads this month they were so great!!! I'm very excited about continuing The Alpha and Omega novels.

Book(s) that Surprised Me:
I was sadly disappointed with this one. 

Reading Challenge:
Challenges:
TBR: Read 20 books on my tbr pile list
Binge #1: Finish Random Pile #1
Binge #2: Finish Open Series
Binge #3: Finish my Random Pile #2
Harry Potter series
Netgalley: Raise goal to "suggested 80%"
Review Requests outside of websites: Read 10
Read over 72,110 pages
Working on my writing

Challenge that I finished this month:
TBR: 4 read this month: 6 books left
Binge #1: Read 0 books
Binge #2: Read 4 books, 5 books left
Binge #3: Read 1 book, 10 books left
Harry Potter series: 0 books read this month
Netgalley: Number currently 66%
Review Requests outside of websites read 10: Read 0 books
Read:  43,754 pages, 28,917 pages left
Writing: Half a notebook, half a notebook left

I started this meme to finally get some books off my reading shelf. So at the beginning of the year I made a list of all the books I had listed for this meme. My goal for this year has been to read 20 books for this reading challenge. If you want to see the original TBR list you can look at this Monthly Recap post. This month I finished 4 books for this challenge: Tomorrow Land, What a Boy Wants, The Fiery Heart, and Dear Professor.
  1. Blood Red Road (Dust Land #1) by Moira Young
  2. Teardrop (Teardrop #1) by Lauren Kate
  3. End of Days (The Fallen #3) by Thomas E. Sniegoski
  4. Tomorrow Land by Mari Mancusi
  5. Black Hole Sun (Hell's Cross #1) by David Macinnis Gill
  6. What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants #1) by Nyrae Dawn
  7. Die for Me (Revenants #1) by Amy Plum
  8. Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles #1) by J.A. Souders
  9. Eden (The Eden Trilogy #1) by Keary Taylor
  10. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
  11. The Registry by Shannon Stoker
  12. The Peculiars by Maureen Boyle McGuerry
  13. Origin by Jessica Khoury
  14. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Leviathan
  15. Nameless by Lili St. Crow
  16. I Am Malala By Malala Yousafzai
  17. Pure by Julianna Baggot
  18. Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Lazear
  19. Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting
  20. Solving for Ex by Leigh Ann Kopans
  21. Tragic by J.A. Huss
  22. Scan (Scan #1) by Sarah Fine & Walter Jury
  23. The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner
  24. Ruined by Jus Accardo
  25. The Sweetest Dark (The Sweetest Dark #1) by Shana Abe
  26. Playing Pretend by Juliana Haygert
  27. Tethered (A Birthright Novel #1) by Brandi Leigh Hall
  28. Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell
  29. The Jewel (The Lone City #1) by Amy Ewing
  30. Devada (Angels and Demons #1) by Tich Brewster
  31. You Slay Me (Aisling Grey #1) by Katie MacAlister
  32. Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren DeStefano
  33. Everblue (Mer Tales #1) by Brenda Pandos
  34. Matched by Ally Condie
  35. Salt and Stone (Fire and Flood #2) by Victoria Scott
  36. Cinderella’s Dress (Cinderella’s Dress #1) by Shonna Slayon
  37. The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
  38. The 5TH Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey
  39. Scorched by Melissa de la Cruz
  40. Doomed by Tracy Deebs
  41. The Lonesome Young by Lucy Connors
  42. Bloodspell (The Cruentus Curse #1) by Amalie Howard
  43. Until Friday Night (The Field Party #1) by Abbi Glines
  44. Eternal Eden (Eden Trilogy #1) by Nicole Williams
  45. Dear Professor by Blaire Drake
  46. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
  47. The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  48. Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Snowalter
  49. Unforgiven (Fallen #5) by Lauren Kate
  50. Tempest Rising (Tempest #1) by Tracy Deebs
  51. Last Years Mistake by Gina Ciocca 
  52. Quarterback Draw (Play by Play #9) by Jaci Burton
Last year I had a goal to binge read through authors and books. The idea was to group a bunch of books together and binge read them like a Netflix show. 

Binge #1


Binge #2: I finally finished the Bloodline's series! I also started to work on the finishing The Chemical Garden Trilogy. 


Binge #3: Only one book: The Fiery Heart is completed!



Harry Potter:

Netgalley

August:
I have one month left of freedom so I'll be running loads of errands, reading, and starting my job!

Books in August I'm Excited for:






How was everyone's July?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...