Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Monthly Recap

Well everyone it's official, May is over. I cannot believe it. May has been a mix of Hell and amazingness. I finished my second year of graduate school so yippeeee for me. I'm still waiting for news on internship stuff, but otherwise my life is golden. Started packing up my apartment for our move in a couple months. Went to RT Booklovers convention which was super fun and I am hoping to go next year. I got so many books and my husband came with me, which made it even more amazing. He had a good time too. Husbanator and I also took a trip through the East Coast. We went to Buffalo, NY to see Niagara Falls, then Boston, MA to visit my best friend, then Washington D.C. so my man could see the monuments. After that we went down to visit our new home (Charlotte, North Carolina) since I hadn't seen it yet and we went looking for places to live. Last place we stopped was Indianapolis for the night since the trip back up to Illinois is too long to make in one go. I had a great second half of the month and am feeling more like myself. School really had me down so I'm glad to be back to feeling happy again.

Non-Bookish Stuff:

Boston, MA
 Husbanator got his first tattoo(s) and he said getting those giant things didn't hurt. Lucky duck. We also went to the aquarium while in Boston which if you ever get the chance you should go.

Recognize those X's? They're from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. The whole tattoo has meaning behind it and I loved getting them done with my best friend and husband.  We walked around Boston and saw the Red Sox stadium.


Had so much fun in Boston. My friend Jeevita got a tattoo that means "My strength comes from you" for her mother. We walked around Boston and went to the pier near the freedom trail. Gorgeous and I hope to go again.

Niagara Falls

Washington D.C.

Speedy:

My doggy Speedy turned 2! I can hardly believe it. She got to have a doggy play date with her Uncle Nero (my moms puppy). They have so much fun.

Song of the Month:
I first heard Sign of the Times on SNL a couple weeks back and I really enjoyed it. I listen while I clean and write so it's been helping to both pump me up and relax my brain enough to sit down and write with no distractions.

Bookish Stuff:

RT Booklovers Convention:
I had so much fun at RT this year. My husband helped me get a bunch of bags and books which is good for not only me but for my 5 year bloggiversary!

Favorite Book(s) of the Month:

Confessions of a Former Puck Bunny (Taking Shots #4) by Cindi Madsen: I loved this story. The main characters Lindsay and Ryder were adorable. The romance is off the charts, but their story of forming a friendship then a relationship was adorable. Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy #1) by Jennifer Estep has been on my TBR pile for eons it seems. I can't exactly recall how I stumbled upon the book originally, but it finally became available at my library and I snatched it up. A-FREAKING-MAZING does not even cover how much I enjoyed this book. I have been looking high and low for the whole series to no avail. I will find them and then I will read them (Insert Liam Neeson's voice here).

Book(s) that Surprised Me:
Just One Touch (A Slow Burn #4) by Maya Banks: I just recently discovered Maya Banks when I read the fourth book in the Slow Burn series. After that I was hooked. I've now read four of her books in the past month including this one. I've enjoyed all of them, except this one. I'm not sure why but this one really fell flat for me. 

Reading Challenges:
Challenges:
TBR: Read 20 books on my tbr pile list
Binge #1: Finish Random Pile #1
Binge #2: Finish Open Series
Binge #3: Finish my Random Pile #2
Harry Potter series
Netgalley: Raise goal to "suggested 80%"
Review Requests outside of websites: Read 10
Read over 72,110 pages
Working on my writing

Challenge that I finished this month:
TBR: 0 Read this month
Binge #1: Read 0 books
Binge #2: Read 0 books
Binge #3: Read 0 book 
Harry Potter series: 0 books read this month
Netgalley: Number currently 63%-Sadly yes I am going down 8(
Review Requests outside of websites read 10: Read 0 books
Read:  28,685 pages this month: 43,994 pages left
Writing: 2 notebooks: 1 left

I started this meme to finally get some books off my reading shelf. So at the beginning of the year I made a list of all the books I had listed for this meme.

1. Angelfire (Angelfire #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton
2. Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen #2) by Rebecca Maizel
3. Forgive My Fins (Fins #1) by Tera Lynn Childs
4. Finale (Hush, Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick
5. The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire & Thorns #1) by Rae Carson
6. Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3) by Kiersten White
7. Apollyon (Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
8. Rift (Nightshade Prequel #1) by Andrea Cremer
9. Blood Red Road (Dust Land #1) by Moira Young
10. Teardrop (Teardrop #1) by Lauren Kate
11. End of Days (The Fallen #3) by Thomas E. Sniegoski
12. Frigid (Frigid #1) by J.Lynn
13. The Torn Wing (The Faerie Ring #2) by Kiki Hamilton
14. Tomorrow Land by Mari Mancusi
15. Serpent's Kiss (The Beauchamp Family #2) by Melissa de la Cruz
16. Black Hole Sun (Hell's Cross #1) by David Macinnis Gill
17. The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never #1) by J.A. Redmerski
18. What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants #1) by Nyrae Dawn
19. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
20. Die for Me (Revenants #1) by Amy Plum
21. Bitter Sweet Love (Dark Elements #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
22. The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secrets #2) by Jessica Sorenson
23. Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard
24. Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles #1) by J.A. Souders
25. Frozen (Heart of Dread #1) by Melissa de la Cruz
26. Eden (The Eden Trilogy #1) by Keary Taylor
27. Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth
28. Horde (Razorland #3) by Ann Aguirre
29. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
30. Born of Illusion by Teri Brown
31. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
32. Crewel by Gennifer Albin
33. Transcendence by O.J. Omololu
34. The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never #2) by J.A. Redmerski
35. The Registry by Shannon Stoker
36. The Peculiars by Maureen Boyle McGuerry
37. The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy #1) by Sherry Thomas
38. Origin by Jessica Khoury
39. So Close to You (So Close to You #1) by Rachel Carter
40. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Leviathan
41. Existence (Existence Trilogy #1) by Abbi Glines
42. The Selection by Kiera Cass
43. Nameless by Lili St. Crow
44. Henry Frank by Peter Adam Solomon
45. Reboot by Amy Tintera
46. I Am Malala By Malala Yousafzai
47. Pure by Julianna Baggot
48. Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Lazear
49. Defy by Sarah B. Larson
50. The Professional (The Game Maker #1) by Kresley Cole
51. Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting
52. Real by Katy Evans
53. Solving for Ex by Leigh Ann Kopans
54. Devoured by Emily Snow
55. Tragic by J.A. Huss
56. Happenstance by Jamie McGuire
57. Infinity Unleashed (Valkyries: Soaring Raven's #2) by Sedona Venez
58. His Reverie (Reverie #1) by Monica Murphy
59. Scan (Scan #1) by Sarah Fine & Walter Jury
60. The Millionaire Affair (Love in the Balance #3) by Jessica Lemmon
61. The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner
62. Ruined by Jus Accardo
63. Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand
64. Rusty Nailed (Cocktail #2) by Alice Clayton
65. The Sweetest Dark (The Sweetest Dark #1) by Shana Abe
66. Scorched (Scorched #1) by Mari Mancusi
67. Playing Pretend by Juliana Haygert
68. Tethered (A Birthright Novel #1) by Brandi Leigh Hall
69. The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles #1) by Cinda Williams Chima
70. Sweet (True Believers #2) by Erin McCarthy
71. Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell
72. Transfigured by Ava Zavora
73. The Jewel (The Lone City #1) by Amy Ewing
74. Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Jessica Spotswood
75. Virgin (Virgin #1) by Radhika Sanghanu
76. Tempest  (Tempest #1) by Julie Cross
77. Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard #1) by Christina Lauren
78. Talon (Talon #1) by Julie Kagawa
79. Devada (Angels and Demons #1) by Tich Brewster
80. You Slay Me (Aisling Grey #1) by Katie MacAlister
81. Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren DeStefano
82. Everblue (Mer Tales #1) by Brenda Pandos
83. Matched by Ally Condie
84. Trial by Fire (Worldwalker #1) by Josephine Angelini
85. Salt and Stone (Fire and Flood #2) by Victoria Scott
86. Cinderella’s Dress (Cinderella’s Dress #1) by Shonna Slayon
87. The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
88. The 5TH Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey
89. Defiance (Defiance #1) by C.J. Redwine
90. Zoey Rogue (Incubatti #1) by Lizzy Ford
91. Playing Dirty (Monkey Business #1) by C.L. Parker
92. Shattered Souls (Souls #1) by Mary Lindsey
93. Pushed (Sense of Thieves #2) by Corrine Jackson
94. Nevermore (Nevermore #1) by Kelly Creagh
95. Touch (Denzen #1) by Jus Accardo
96. Unspoken (Lynburn legacy #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan
97. Scorched by Melissa de la Cruz
98. Altered (Altered #1) by Jennifer Rush
99. Doomed by Tracy Deebs
100. The Lonesome Young by Lucy Connors
101. Stay with Me (Wait for Me #3) by J. Lynn
102. Bloodspell (The Cruentus Curse #1) by Amalie Howard
103. Mind Games (Mind Games #1) by Kiersten White
104. Reap (Scarred Souls #2) by Tillie Cole
105. Until Friday Night (The Field Party #1) by Abbi Glines
106. Eternal Eden (Eden Trilogy #1) by Nicole Williams
107. I’ll Be There (The Montgomery Brothers #6) by Samantha Chase
108. Dear Professor by Blaire Drake
109. Screwdriver (Cocktail #3) by Alice Clayton
110. Nothing Between Us (Loving on the Edge #7) by Roni Loren
111. Against the Wall by Jill Sorenson
112. A Whole New World by Liz Braswell
113. Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves #1) by Quinn Loftis
114. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
115. The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
116. Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Snowalter
117. Unforgiven (Fallen #5) by Lauren Kate
118. Tempest Rising (Tempest #1) by Tracy Deebs
119. Last Years Mistake by Gina Ciocca 
120. Quarterback Draw (Play by Play #9) by Jaci Burton

This month I have decided I have finished enough that I am going to update my list by removing the ones I've already read outside of this year. Sadly this month I have yet to finish any. I'll have more time in June.
  1. Blood Red Road (Dust Land #1) by Moira Young
  2. Teardrop (Teardrop #1) by Lauren Kate
  3. End of Days (The Fallen #3) by Thomas E. Sniegoski
  4. Tomorrow Land by Mari Mancusi
  5. Black Hole Sun (Hell's Cross #1) by David Macinnis Gill
  6. What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants #1) by Nyrae Dawn
  7. Die for Me (Revenants #1) by Amy Plum
  8. . Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles #1) by J.A. Souders
  9. Eden (The Eden Trilogy #1) by Keary Taylor
  10. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
  11. The Registry by Shannon Stoker
  12. The Peculiars by Maureen Boyle McGuerry
  13. Origin by Jessica Khoury
  14. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Leviathan
  15. Nameless by Lili St. Crow
  16. I Am Malala By Malala Yousafzai
  17. Pure by Julianna Baggot
  18. Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Lazear
  19. Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting
  20. Solving for Ex by Leigh Ann Kopans
  21. Tragic by J.A. Huss
  22. Scan (Scan #1) by Sarah Fine & Walter Jury
  23. The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner
  24. Ruined by Jus Accardo
  25. The Sweetest Dark (The Sweetest Dark #1) by Shana Abe
  26.  Playing Pretend by Juliana Haygert
  27. Tethered (A Birthright Novel #1) by Brandi Leigh Hall
  28. Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell
  29. The Jewel (The Lone City #1) by Amy Ewing
  30. Devada (Angels and Demons #1) by Tich Brewster
  31. You Slay Me (Aisling Grey #1) by Katie MacAlister
  32. Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren DeStefano
  33. Everblue (Mer Tales #1) by Brenda Pandos
  34. Matched by Ally Condie
  35.  Salt and Stone (Fire and Flood #2) by Victoria Scott
  36. Cinderella’s Dress (Cinderella’s Dress #1) by Shonna Slayon
  37. The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
  38. The 5TH Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey
  39. Scorched by Melissa de la Cruz
  40. . Doomed by Tracy Deebs
  41. The Lonesome Young by Lucy Connors
  42. Bloodspell (The Cruentus Curse #1) by Amalie Howard
  43. Until Friday Night (The Field Party #1) by Abbi Glines
  44. Eternal Eden (Eden Trilogy #1) by Nicole Williams
  45. Dear Professor by Blaire Drake
  46. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
  47.  The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  48. Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Snowalter
  49. Unforgiven (Fallen #5) by Lauren Kate
  50.  Tempest Rising (Tempest #1) by Tracy Deebs
  51. Last Years Mistake by Gina Ciocca 
  52. . Quarterback Draw (Play by Play #9) by Jaci Burton

TBR Challenge:
This year I had a goal to binge read through authors and books. The idea was to group a bunch of books together and binge read them like a Netflix show. Sadly, this month had too much going on, and I've been trying to keep up with Netgalley stuff to no avail. 







JUNE:
What's Coming in June:

  • GIVEAWAYS: I have so many books I have been storing for the last couple years for my 5 Year Bloggiversary! I honestly can't believe it's been 5 years! Anyway prepare for giveaways.
  • Comic Corner:
I am planning on creating a place for my love of comics on my blog. I love reading comics and I have been in contact with some of the channels I follow on YouTube to help me come up with a mix of reviews, and informational fun videos to provide some backstory into the characters I love. I'm very excited about this and have been wracking my brain on how to do this for some time. I'm hoping this will evolve over time.
  • Movies: There are a lot of books that have been turned into movies, and I have seen the majority of them. This year I am planning on making a change with my reviews when there's a book that's been turned into a movie or tv show. This goes with comics and television shows. This will take me a bit to get them up and out since I'm already behind on my reviews, but I will have a separate page set up when I have more than one book-to-movie adaptation review. 
    • Something else that will be going up on my blog will be movie trailers for movies and television shows I'm excited for.
  • Me: Over the past two years I have been a bit absent in terms of posting stuff about myself, and my actual reviews. This had a lot to do with graduate school sucking my energy dry. I am slowly catching up on my reviews. I'm about half way done. It's hard to keep up when I read a lot faster than I write. I have ordered a reviews journal so hopefully this will help me out a lot when I don't have immediate access to my computer and I can simply write my thoughts down immediately. I love my blog and want to be apart of it, and as of the last two years I haven't been. 

Books I'm Excited for in June:

How was everyone else's May? Any exciting news?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...