Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan - Review Blitz

RMbanner









The last time I saw my best friend’s younger brother, he was a geek wearing braces. But when Cannon shows up to crash in my spare room, I get a swift reality check.

room-mate_amazonNow twenty-four, he’s broad shouldered and masculine, and so sinfully sexy, I want to climb him like the jungle gyms we used to enjoy. At six-foot-something with lean muscles hiding under his T-shirt, a deep sexy voice, and full lips that pull into a smirk when he studies me, he’s pure temptation.

Fresh out of a messy breakup, he doesn’t want any entanglements. But I can resist, right?

I’m holding strong until the third night of our new arrangement when we get drunk and he confesses his biggest secret of all: he’s cursed when it comes to sex. Apparently he’s a god in bed, and women instantly fall in love with him.

I’m calling bullshit. In fact, I’m going to prove him wrong, and if I rack up a few much-needed orgasms in the process, all the better.

There’s no way I’m going to fall in love with Cannon. But once we start…I realize betting against him may have been the biggest mistake of my life.

Amazon | iBooks | Nook | Kobo | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU | Paperback

the room mate available now (1)

Reese's Reviews:
The Room Mate was sooo good. I love the play on words with the title. You know roommate as in someone you live with or room mate as is…well you get it. Before I get into the book review and my overall thoughts I must say I really like the cover of this book. Despite my evident love of sexy romance novels, I’m not super into shirtless men on the covers of books but this one I like a lot. I think it’s the black, whites, and greys with the splash of green that does it for me. The guy is cute too of course.

This will be a spoiler free review…I hope. There aren’t many ginormous reveals and I’m assuming you can guess what may happen in some capacity but I digress. Cannon is a super sexy med student looking for a place to stay after his latest lady wrecked his apartment, again. His belief is that he has a magical penis (8-inches is magical to almost everyone, like a unicorn) and is cursed to end up dating crazy chicks. When his latest girlfriend ends up leaving his place wrecked his tenant kicks him out and now he’s left with no place to live. Allie Cannon’s sister and Paige’s best friend suggest they room together for the next couple months. Simple, right? Except Cannon has harbored a secret crush on Paige for the last ten years and Paige likes Cannon a whole lot of ways now that he’s all grown up. As you can probably guess things get complicated in a whole lot of ways. Like the fact they’re both falling for each other and Cannon plans on moving away.

Ah this book was so good I swear. Here’s one of the best aspects of this book in my opinion. While yes it was a romance with hot monkey sex and huge male parts and lots of glorious fantasies, The Room Mate is also a story. It’s about Cannon and Paige and them finding out how great they are together. They eat dinner, they go on dates, they do things besides sex. I LOVE romance stories like this because we have all been there when reading a book and realize it’s only penis in somewhere sex with no real character depth or story. Just lots of penises going…places. Those books aren’t fun to me and Kendall Ryan does an amazing job of making sure the book didn’t end up like that.

Cannon and Paige are both complex characters with lives outside of each other. Cannon is struggling with picking on career to do his residency. He loves a lot of aspects about being a doctor and has a difficult time picking the right one. He cares for his sister and Paige and his mother. He’s super protective and, also dedicated to being a friend and doctor. Paige has a job she enjoys and understands Cannon works hard. She works and does her thing and enjoys Cannon when she has him. It’s realistic in the simplicity of their relationship. There are insecurities and doubts and drama, but those aspects weren’t played out of over dramatized or anything like that. They just made the story better.

Well if you couldn’t tell by this review thus far I really enjoyed The Room Mate. Everything is super cute and well written. I read this in one sitting if you discount the five minutes I took to use the restroom and scarf down dinner so I could keep reading. If you want a good read, The Room Mate is what you want for the many reasons I listed above. If you haven’t read a book by Kendall Ryan before, no time like the present. It’s a new year bring it in with a new amazing author. Also, side note, I was so happy to be reading about dogs instead of cats for what felt like forever. Another win for The Room Mate on that one.


the room mate chemistry 2

kendall-ryan-headshot-1-picA New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen titles, Kendall Ryan has sold over 1.5 million books and her books have been translated into several languages in countries around the world. She's a traditionally published author with Simon & Schuster and Harper Collins UK, as well as an independently published author. Since she first began self-publishing in 2012, she's appeared at #1 on Barnes & Noble and iBooks charts around the world. Her books have also appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists more than three dozen times. Ryan has been featured in such publications as USA Today, Newsweek, and InTouch Magazine.

Visit her at: www.kendallryanbooks.com for the latest book news, and fun extras: Subscribe to Newletter

Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads | Amazon Author Page

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...