Highlights from 2016:
Nightmare of Chicago Street with my hubmachine and his best friend.
Two out of three of my best friends met this year and we saw Fantastic Beasts.
Earlier this year I went to visit my other best friend in her home town of Kansas.
My husband got a haircut! His hair used to be as long as mine,
This is me and my grandpa(Papa). He had heart problems throughout the year so that was hard this year. I made sure he and I got a lot of pictures together.
My hubmachine was presenting in Chicago and we met up with my bestie to see Civil War!!
I went to BookCon this year since it was in Chicago and met Brandee from Bookworm Brandee
I tried out roller derby this year. It was a painful and amazing experience.
I got a matching tattoo with my friend Jeevita. We got origami elephants with each others initials in them.
So my friend Jeevita is from Singapore and came to Illinois to attend the graduate program for school psychology where I am. After two semesters she decided the program wasn't for her and moved to Boston for a different (better) program. Before she left my husband and I took her to visit Chicago to see all the sites. The Bean, Navy Pierre, Chicago pizza was had. It was great. I'm the one next to the short Indian girl and the tall white guy holding my phone.
My puppy Speedy turned one this year.
My last balloon rally at school.
I got a scholarship this year for being an awesome school psych student. No lie I was super surprised since most of my professors loathe me.
My birthday came and went and my grandparents sent me a light-up hippo!!!
Lunch with my cousin! She joined the air-force.Favorite Movies from 2016:
Favorites from 2016:
Highlights from my blog:
I read over # books & around # pages
I read (#) books that have been on my TBR pile this year. Honestly I think I did pretty awesome in the books I got to reading this year.
My reading goal for this year was to read 20 of the books from this pile. I completed this goal near the end of August which made me super happy. Highlighted are all the books I've finished from my tbr pile this year. I've read 70 books towards this goal.
One down side of this year was that I was inconsistent with posting this year. I'm hoping to post more consistently next year.
9. Blood Red Road (Dust Land #1) by Moira Young
10. Teardrop (Teardrop #1) by Lauren Kate
11. End of Days (The Fallen #3) by Thomas E. Sniegoski
16. Black Hole Sun (Hell's Cross #1) by David Macinnis Gill
18. What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants #1) by Nyrae Dawn
20. Die for Me (Revenants #1) by Amy Plum
24. Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles #1) by J.A. Souders
26. Eden (The Eden Trilogy #1) by Keary Taylor
29. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
35. The Registry by Shannon Stoker
36. The Peculiars by Maureen Boyle McGuerry
38. Origin by Jessica Khoury
40. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Leviathan
43. Nameless by Lili St. Crow
46. I Am Malala By Malala Yousafzai
47. Pure by Julianna Baggot
48. Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Lazear
51. Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting
53. Solving for Ex by Leigh Ann Kopans
55. Tragic by J.A. Huss
59. Scan (Scan #1) by Sarah Fine & Walter Jury
61. The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner
62. Ruined by Jus Accardo
65. The Sweetest Dark (The Sweetest Dark #1) by Shana Abe
67. Playing Pretend by Juliana Haygert
68. Tethered (A Birthright Novel #1) by Brandi Leigh Hall
71. Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell
73. The Jewel (The Lone City #1) by Amy Ewing
79. Devada (Angels and Demons #1) by Tich Brewster
80. You Slay Me (Aisling Grey #1) by Katie MacAlister
81. Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren DeStefano
82. Everblue (Mer Tales #1) by Brenda Pandos
83. Matched by Ally Condie
85. Salt and Stone (Fire and Flood #2) by Victoria Scott
86. Cinderella’s Dress (Cinderella’s Dress #1) by Shonna Slayon
87. The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
88. The 5TH Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey
100. The Lonesome Young by Lucy Connors
102. Bloodspell (The Cruentus Curse #1) by Amalie Howard
105. Until Friday Night (The Field Party #1) by Abbi Glines
106. Eternal Eden (Eden Trilogy #1) by Nicole Williams
108. Dear Professor by Blaire Drake
111. Against the Wall by Jill Sorenson
114. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
115. The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
116. Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Snowalter
117. Unforgiven (Fallen #5) by Lauren Kate
118. Tempest Rising (Tempest #1) by Tracy Deebs
119. Last Years Mistake by Gina Ciocca
120. Quarterback Draw (Play by Play #9) by Jaci Burton
This year I had a goal to binge read through authors and books. The idea was to group a bunch of books together and binge read them like a Netflix show. This year my goals were to finish JLA's books, a random list, and to finish all my open series.
I've read 11 books towards this reading challenge!
I've read 50 books towards my Netgalley goal this year! Hoping next year brings
Books I'm Most Excited for in 2017:
I will be finishing the schooling aspect of my program and looking for internships.
I will also be moving!!! Any hints on best way to move 500+ books???
My goal for the year is to be a little happier and try and not peoples opinoins of me get me down. This has been a rough year for me regarding well people saying I look like a monkey because I'm half-black, my teachers not getting upset that someone in my cohort said that right in class and my professors not liking me in general. I'm going to try and let that go for this year, but we shall see.
My hope is to be a little more organized on my blog from January to May (when I'm in school) so that there aren't days when my post isn't looking correct or days when there's nothing.
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! I hope everyone has a great rest of their day and start to their new year!