Thursday, November 3, 2016

Goodbye October, Hello November

October is finally over! Thank goodness. While I love the fall and Halloween, the month of October is just crap on a stick while in graduate school. It's finally the month teachers give midterms, papers out the butt and projects. It's been a crazy month. Despite all that I did have some fun. My cohort and I were able to visit some of my old schools for some info on different non rural schools. I also went to this festival called Nightmare on Chicago Street. Oh and I won a scholarship for being an inspiring up in coming school psychologist. So yay me!


October Favorites


October Book(s) that Surprised Me
While it sadly seems to be a trend that the books that surprise me were a disappointment, I'm sad to say that was the case with Honor. Sadly this book just wasn't what I was hoping for. 

Book Crush of the Month
Heath Montgomery from Lyric and Lingerie. He was awesome and sexy. 

Favorite Song of the Month
Classic Man by Jidenna. I discovered him while watching Luke Cage (sexy mixed man with red hair). Ever since then I've been in love.
https://youtu.be/URiDdlAS6ls?list=LL_0-De-X15iEAghn0bBOiRw

Challenges:
Reading Challenges:
TBR: Read 20 books on my tbr pile list
Binge #1: Read JLA books
Binge #2: Finish open series
Binge #3: Finish my 'Random Pile' list

Reading Goals:
Netgalley: Raise goal to "suggested 80%"
Review Requests outside of websites: Read 10
Read over 67,380 pages

Personal Goals:
Try and relax more.
Type up my writings

Reading Challenges:
TBR: Completed
Binge #1: Completed
Binge #2 Open Series: Finished 0
Binge #3 Random Pile: Finished 0

Reading Goals:
Netgalley: I have raised my %age from 71 to 73%
Review Requests: 1 out of 10
Read 63,889 I have 3,702 pages to go

Personal Goals:
I did relax a bit this month. I watched all of Supernatural which was amazing. Also being able to watch tv with my hubmachine was great and I even got to paint my nails once or twice which always makes me feel pretty.

Sadly I did not get to type up any writings this month. Aiming for next month when I have a week off.


My binging challenges have been a bit slow going but I finished two books for the random books challenge and for the series challenge. I made some major headway on my challenges this month.

Alas, I have yet to get anything read in regards to these challenges. I am hoping to get them done before the end of the year, but we shall see.




None Bookish Stuff from October:
 My husband and I at Nightmare on Chicago Street

So if you've been on my blog for more than a year you'll know that I got married last year. Well my husband has been sad ever since that he didn't get to eat any of our wedding cake (besides the bite I fed him). So while I was up there getting apples I picked him up a mini replica of our wedding cake. 

A good majority of my wedding photos were taken by this tree. My mom and i were picking apples and I had to snap this picture! 

This is a tree on campus! LOVE FALL SO MUCH!

November:
Sadly November will be just as busy as October. I am hoping to finish 5 books for my reading challenges.

I have a lot going on with school with big (22 page) papers and fundraising, and meetings, and projects so we shall see how this month goes with me getting stuff done.

Oh and I get to see two out of my three besties over Thanksgiving break. One is coming down from Chicago and one is flying from Boston Massachusetts! Super excited.

November Book Excitement

How was everyone else's month of October? Busy? Laid back? Did anyone finish any big reading goals?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...