Wednesday, August 24, 2016

ARC Review: Shadow Falling by Rebecca Zanetti

Shadow Falling
Scorpius Syndrome #2
Kindle Edition, 400 pages
Published by Zebra
Release Date August 30th 2016

Blurb:
Before the Scorpius Syndrome tore through North America and nearly wiped out the population, Vivienne Kennedy was the FBI’s best profiler. The bacteria got her anyway. But she survived. She recovered. And when she woke up from a drug-nightmare of captivity, her skills as a hunter of men had gone from merely brilliant to full-on uncanny. Her mysterious rescuer wants her to put them to the test. But no matter how tempting he is, with his angel’s eyes and devil’s tongue, Vinnie knows she shouldn’t trust him.

If the FBI were still around they would rate Raze Shadow as one of the bad guys. His military training can’t wipe out his association with the Mercenaries, the most feared gang in a thousand miles. His loyalties are compromised. He won’t even tell Vinnie his real name. But there’s no FBI in the new America of fear and firepower, only instinct and risk. And the way his arms wrap around her tells its own story. Whatever else Raze is concealing, he can’t hide his desire . . .


Reese's Review:
I’m a huge fan of Rebecca Zanetti’s writings so when I got news of her new series The Scorpius Syndrome I jumped at the chance to read it. The first book was beyond amazing, so I was super happy when Netgalley sent me the link for the second book.

Shadow Falling picked up almost immediately after Mercury Striking. Vivienne a.k.a. Vinnie has been freed and is now dealing with the aftermath of being held captive and drugged up for months. On top of that she’s now fighting her attraction to her savior Raze Shadow. Raze is hiding a lot of secrets and Vinnie is a tool to be used to help him.

Rebecca Zanetti’s books are always so full of surprises. I was not expecting Raze’s secrets at all or how this story was going to go. I was so happy to be getting his story and can’t wait to see how this series will continue. Vinnie was so cute and just fun in a lot of ways. She brought a lot of humor to the dark situation everyone is in since the Scorpius virus.

Raze is an alpha male character who slow begins to fall for Vinnie. He had some bad plans for Vinnie and it was interesting to see the progression Raze took to go from not caring at all to falling in love. He’s definitely not the soft cuddly type which is good since you can’t really have that in these books. I liked his humor and how his brain worked things out.

Vinnie is just beyond hilarious. Since she was drugged up constantly on experimental drugs her brain lacks a filter so whatever thoughts she has are what comes out of her mouth. It’s pretty funny, especially when they’re all in really high stress situations. Despite the torture and things Vinnie doesn’t spend the book dealing with what happened to her. She knows important things are going on and so she does everything she can to help out her new friends and Raze.

I won’t say too much more except this book was amazing and if you’re looking for a great action story with some romance and intriguing characters Shadow Falling is the book for you. You couldn’t ask for a better author than Rebecca Zanetti.




example, example, exampleI'm not exactly sure when I fell in love with books. Probably on my mother's knee listening to her read Dr. Seuss to me. I do remember that I was barely old enough to cross the street by myself when I discovered the delights of the local library. Could anything be more wonderful than spending summer days surrounded by stacks of Nancy Drew mysteries? Over the years I fell in love with Victoria Holt, Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, and J.R.R. Tolkien just to name a few. I read poetry, essays, biographies, and plays. In fact, I read anything I could get my hands on.

Years later (no, I'm not admitting how many) I'm still an avid reader, and my tastes are still as varied as they were in my youth, which I suppose helps to explain why I enjoy writing regency historicals under the name of Deborah Raleigh, as well as my contemporary paranormals as Alexandra Ivy. For now that is enough to keep me busy, but who knows what the future might hold!

I do have a few other loves in my life besides reading and writing, the most important being my unbelievably patient husband, David, and my two sons, Chance and Alexander. Without their constant support and belief in me, I never could have been able to follow my dreams. They are truly my heroes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...