Saturday, July 30, 2016

Review: Rowdy by Jay Crownover

Rowdy
Marked Men #5
Paperback, 332 pages
Published by William Morrow Paperbacks
Release Date: October 21st 2014


Blurb:
The New York Times and USA Today bestselling Marked Men series continues with this sizzling, sexy story of love, heartbreak, fate, and second chances.

After the only girl he ever loved told him that he would never be enough, Rowdy St. James knocked the Texas dust off his boots and set out to live up to his nickname. A good ol’ boy looking for good times and good friends, Rowdy refuses to take anything too seriously, especially when it comes to the opposite sex. Burned by love once, he isn’t going to let himself trust a woman again. But that’s before his new co-worker arrives, a ghost from the past who’s suddenly making him question every lesson he ever learned.

Salem Cruz grew up in house with too many rules and too little fun—a world of unhappiness she couldn’t wait to forget. But one nice thing from childhood has stayed with her; the memory of the sweet, blue-eyed boy next door who’d been head over heels in love with her little sister.

Now, fate and an old friend have brought her and Rowdy together, and Salem is determined to show him that once upon a time he picked the wrong sister. A mission that is working perfectly—until the one person that ties them together appears, threatening to tear them apart for good.
Reese's Review:
Jay Crownoever has done it again. Rowdy, what a swoon worthy man with an amazing book.

Rowdy had his heart broken a long time ago by a girl he thought he loved. When Salem walks back into his life he’s shocked to see how beautiful she is, but he doesn’t want anything to do with her. She grew up and left him years ago and he hasn’t forgiven her. She’s also the sister of the girl who hurt him so long ago. Too bad Salem is relentless. She has to know Rowdy again the boy she’s loved all this time. She thought things would be simple, but they aren’t when she finds something out about Rowdy’s past.

I liked Salem and Rowdy. Salem and Rowdy both have hard pasts. Rowdy after his mother was killed was moved into the foster care system. Salem’s family is controlling and unloving. They grew up together and after being apart for many years Salem found Rowdy, picked up her life and moved to be closer to him. I love Salem’s relentlessness and how she fights for Rowdy and how later Rowdy fights for her. Fabulous story.

Now if you read my reviews you know this book isn’t rated as high as all of Jay’s other books and honestly I have a few reasons as to why that is. I love Shaw and Rule plain and simple. They’re my favorite characters from the Marked Men series. There was a lot of stuff going on with Shaw and Rule in this story and as bad as it may sound I really just wanted to read about them.

Overall Rowdy was phenomenal, and not just the character, but the book as well. I enjoyed everything about his and Salem’s story. I can’t wait for more!!



I'm supposed to share interesting details about myself so that my readers get to know me so here we go in no particular order: I'm an natural redhead even though I haven't seen my real hair color in years, I'm a big fan of tattoos and have a half sleeve on either arm and various other pieces all over the place, I've been in the bar industry since I was in college and it has always offered interesting insight into how men and women interact with each other, I have 3 dogs that are all crazy, I live in Colorado and love the snow, I love music and in all reality wish I could be a rock star not a writer or a bartender but I have zero talent so there is that.
I love to write, love to read and all I'm interested in is a good story with interesting characters that make the reader feel something.
Thanks for taking the time to check my stuff out....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...