Friday, June 10, 2016

Blog Tour: TORN/ Cynthia Eden

TORN by Cynthia Eden
LOST Series #4
On-sale: 5/31/2016 | ISBN: 9780062437402

ABOUT THE BOOK:
In New York Times bestselling author Cynthia Eden’s latest novel featuring the Last Option Search Team (LOST), one agent’s investigation entices a killer into making her his prey.

PARTNERS…FRIENDS…
Forensic anthropologist Victoria Palmer has always been better with the dead than the living. Shutting down her emotions, she lets few people in. But then Victoria’s latest investigation takes her and agent Wade Monroe to Savannah, Georgia. Handsome, dangerous, and more than ready to play dirty on any case, Wade weakens Victoria’s aloofness with just one glance. 

…TO LOVERS
Wade knows their recent cases have pushed Victoria beyond her limits. But her skills are crucial to finding a college student who went missing five years ago. Victoria is able to determine she was murdered, and that the killer is still on the loose. 

And when the vicious murderer targets Victoria, Wade must do everything in his power to protect Victoria… because he refuses to let a woman he loves be torn from him...again.

BUY LINKS:


Reese's Review:
Torn was the bomb! I was dragged in from the first page. I seriously need to read the rest of this amazing series because Torn was amazing. It’s like crime fighting with forensics and romance all in one amazingly captivating and well written book.

Victoria Palmer is a forensic anthropologist who is more comfortable working with the dead. After her last time in the field where she was attacked she doesn’t want to get back in the field. When her boss sends her and Wade Monroe her best friend and somewhat crush for a five year missing persons’ case. There are so many mysteries surrounding this case it’ll leave you on the edge of your seat. Like when the killer starts focusing on Victoria.

Ah this book was absolutely amazing. I had no idea there would be so many twists in this story. Victoria and Wade are amazing and complex characters. They both have so many secrets and it was amazing how we truly didn’t learn all of them until other characters did. Cynthia Eden did an amazing job crafting this masterpiece of a book.

Victoria had a terribly hard childhood, one she thinks has turned her into a monster. Now she tries to steer clear of any emotional attachments. She doesn’t want to hurt anyone, or become obsessed-which is why she avoids Wade like the plague.

Wade has liked Victoria for a long time, but until the last attack on her life he didn’t realize how much. Now he’ll do whatever it takes to make sure she knows she’s it for him. Wade feels like he’s let down so many people, he can’t let down Victoria too.

Seriously if you can’t tell I really enjoyed this book. Go grab the whole series if you can!


Writing and Learning and Writing Some More!
Hi, everyone! I’m Cynthia Eden, and it’s a pleasure to be visiting Reese’s Reviews. Today, I’m going to chat about how I’ve learned to hone my writing style.  
I like to think that I learn more about writing with every single book that I finish. I learn more about characters, about plots, and…well, about me.  When I first started writing, I feel like I was trying to force my style to fit a certain mold. I thought I had to tell a story in a certain way. It didn’t take long at all for me to realize that wasn’t the case.  
The “rules” are made to be broken.  
I can let my humor shine through, I can go as dark as the story needs, and I can let my voice slip right out in the book.  A writer’s voice is such a necessary component of story style…think about it…if you have a favorite author, can’t you recognize that author’s writing pretty much on sight? It’s a certain way with characters, a certain turn of phrase, a piece of plotting that just sets the story apart…Ah, yes, the style.
I think that a writer’s style changes over time. The books that I wrote ten years ago? They are certainly different from the books that I write today. And again, that just goes back to the idea that I learn something new with every book that I write. I think there is always room for improvement, always room for an author to grow…and I hope that I keep growing, for years and years to come.
Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my guest post.  Do you have any thoughts on a writer’s style that you’d like to add? I’d love to hear them.

Best,
Cynthia Eden
TORN – Available Now!   



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...