Saturday, March 19, 2016

Review: Rebel by Amy Tintera

Rebel
Reboot #2
Paperback, 340 pages
Published by HarperTeen
Release Date: May 13th 2014

Blurb:
Wren Connolly thought she'd left her human side behind when she does five years ago and came back 178 minutes later as a Reboot. With her new abilities of strength, speed, and healing—along with a lack of emotions—Wren 178 became the perfect soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation). Then Callum 22 came along and changed everything.

Now that they've both escaped, they're ready to start a new life in peace on the Reboot reservation. But Micah 163, the Reboot running the reservation, has darker plans in mind: to wipe out the humans. All of them. Micah has been building a Reboot army for years and is now ready to launch his attack on the cities. Callum wants to stick around and protect the humans. Wren wants nothing more than to leave all the fighting behind them.

With Micah on one side, HARC on the other, and Wren and Callum at odds in the middle, there's only one option left...

It's time for Reboots to become rebels.

Reese's Reviews:
Wren, Callum and the other Reboots have escaped HARC and Callum has been cured. Now with a whole group of escaped Reboots Wren and Callum think they have finally found a safe place. That’s when they find out the Reboots plan: to take down HARC and every human on the planet.

I loved the first book so so much and after I read Reboot I went out and grabbed the second one right away. Sadly this one fell short for me in the way the first one didn’t for a couple of reasons.

First off, the romance aspect of the book. There was just way too much of it for me in this book and it felt like fluff. Almost every chapter had them kissing and stuff and I felt it took away from the story. While I am all about the romance the first book had a better handle on how much. It just felt a little unrealistic for how much danger they were in.

Another part was Callum and Wren’s relationship. Reboot had them slowly liking each other and not too much depth into what was next. In Rebel I wasn’t buying their romance at all. Callum had a huge problem with murdering people and didn’t like how Wren didn’t. Then about one chapter later he’s perfectly alright with her being okay with them killing people. Their relationship just didn’t seem realistic with all of their differences.

I did enjoy the action and the storyline a lot and Wren is still a very kick ass character. I enjoyed how much she kicked bootay in this book and how she really did take almost everyone down single-handedly. Seriously she’s awesome.

Rebel is a little different than Reboot in that it’s dual point of view going back and forth between Callum and Wren. While I’m not a huge fan of Callum’s I did like seeing his side of things. Overall a good story but not as good as the first.


Hi! I’m Amy Tintera, and I write novels for young adults. I grew up in Austin, Texas and graduated from Texas A&M University with a degree in journalism. After receiving a masters in film at Emerson College I moved to Los Angeles, where I promptly discovered I didn’t enjoy working in the film industry, and went back to my first love, writing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...