Wednesday, January 13, 2016

ARC Review: Wishing for You by Elizabeth Langston

Wishing for You
I Wish #2
Kindle Edition, 268 pages
Published by FictionEtc Press
Release Date: October 13th 2015

Blurb:
She's a girl who can't remember. He's the guy she can't forget...

It's her final semester of high school, and Kimberley Rey is curious about what will come next. She needs to pick a college, but her memory disability complicates the choice. Will her struggles to remember make it impossible to leave home?

Help arrives through an unexpected and supernatural gift. Grant is a "genie" with rules. He can give her thirty wishes (one per day for a month) as long as the tasks are humanly possible. Kimberley knows just what to ask for--lessons in how to live on her own.

But her wishes change when a friend receives a devastating diagnosis. As she joins forces with Grant to help her friend, Kimberley learns that the ability to live in the moment--to forget--may be more valuable than she ever knew.
Reese's Review:
Elizabeth Langston does it again with Wishing for You the amazing sequel to I Wish.

Wishing for You definitely doesn’t suffer from the curse of the second book. I honestly cried for hours while reading this book. The whole story was just so moving and devastating and beautiful I couldn’t help the emotions coming out of me.

Okay so if you’ve read the first book then you know Kimmie already. She is Lacey’s best friend who we were introduced to in book one. This book should not be read as a stand-alone. Anyway, Kimmie had cancer and it’s messed with her long-term memory. Lacy gives Kimmie her genie Grant a yummilicious hunk of a Genie who grants thirty wishes (one for every day of the month). Anyway Grant’s job is to help Kimmie in any way humanly possibly. While this seems like an easy job since all Kimmie wants it to be normal she has Grant teach her how to be more independent. Then Kimmie’s friend gets sick and the whole story goes around the two friends and Kimmie trying to make their way through his final days and through Kimmies disability.

I honestly enjoyed Wishing for You, not as much as I Wish, but still really enjoyed. I liked Kimmie, I thought she gained a lot from her experience with Grant and she learned more about making her own decisions. She definitely had a harder time with things because of her disability, but she got there. I had a little trouble liking her at times, just because she came across as so spoiled, which she was, but also really oblivious to certain things that became pretty obvious to anyone but her.

Grant learned a lot and while I am super-duper sad he and Lacey aren’t getting back together, which is so totally what I was hoping for…I liked reading about his life once again.

I also love how Ms. Langston writes in bits of romance, but the whole story is never about that. It’s always more about self-discovery and that’s really refreshing. There is a certain realism to her books that will pull at the heart strings.

Seriously peeps you need this book in your life. It’s completely fabulous and heartbreaking and will leave you wanting more. I definitely am looking forward to their being a book three.




Hello, I'm Elizabeth Langston, and I write Young Adult (YA) fiction/magical realism.

Wishing For You releases in October 2015. It's the second book in the I Wish series.

The Possibility of Somewhere, my first YA Contemporary Romance (writing as Julia Day), will release in Fall 2016.

The Whisper Falls series (Whisper Falls, A Whisper In Time and Whispers From the Past) has time travel elements. It moves back and forth between modern and 18/19th century NC.

I live in North Carolina, USA and work in the computer industry for my day job. I have two college-age daughters and one geek husband like me. At night, when I'm not writing, I'm watching TV (dance reality shows, Outlander, Elementary) or reading (and that tends to focus heavily on the romance genre.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...