Saturday, July 4, 2015

TBR Review: Rusty Nailed by Alice Clayton

Rusty Nailed
Cocktail #2
Kindle Edition, 320 pages
Published by Gallery Books
Release Date: June 24th 2014

Blurb:
In this sequel to Wallbanger, the second book in the Cocktail series, fan favorites Caroline and Simon negotiate the rollercoaster of their new relationship while house-sitting in San Francisco.

Playing house was never so much fun—or so confusing. With her boss on her honeymoon, Caroline’s working crazy long hours to keep the interior design company running—especially since she’s also the lead designer for the renovation of a gorgeous old hotel on Sausalito. So with her hotshot photographer boyfriend gallivanting all over the world for his job, she and Simon are heavy-duty into “absence makes the heart grow fonder” mode. Neither has any complaints about the great reunion sex, though! Then Simon decides he’s tired of so much travelling, and he’s suddenly home more. A lot more. And wanting Caroline home more, too. Though their friends’ romantic lives provide plenty of welcome distraction, eventually Caroline and Simon have to sort their relationship out. Neither wants “out of sight, out of mind,” but can they create their own happy mid-ground cliché?

USA TODAY bestselling author Alice Clayton delivers another delicious, frothy cocktail of a book, shaking up her characters, stirring in laugh-out-loud humor, and serving sizzling romance straight up.
Reese's Reviews:
I loved Wallbanger a whole heck of a lot, so when I found out there was going to be a continuum of Caroline and Simon’s story you couldn’t get me excited enough about it. Wallbanger was honestly one of the funniest books I’ve read to date. Sadly Rusty Nailed fell short for me. I am kind of wishing Wallbanger would have been a standalone. Despite me being disappointed overall, it was still nice to read more about Caroline and Simon.

I have to say Caroline and Simon’s relationship is absolutely awesome in the way that they can make their long distance relationship work. They had small arguments, but overall their relationship is pretty fabulous. The both enjoy their jobs, and time together. When Simon took a small break from work I found it interesting at how the dynamics changed between the two of them.

We got more details into Simon’s backstory, which was fabulous. I enjoyed getting to read about his family and him in high school since they went to a high school reunion. It was cute and definitely something that was worth reading about and one of the only reasons I enjoyed there being a sequel.

I think what made me sad about this story overall were two things: Caroline and the sex.  Caroline was such a strong independent character in Wallbanger and in Rusty Nailed it seemed so strange that she turned into a commitment-a-phobe, seemingly out of nowhere. I also didn’t enjoy that since story really had no real story. The story centered around lots of sex and working. That didn’t really work for me so sadly this sequel was a let down. The funny stuff, which Alice Clayton seems to excel at was still there so that was great and I’m super happy about that.

Overall this story was just a dud for me. I’m not going to give up on this series, but I won’t be rushing into it.


ALICE CLAYTON worked in the cosmetics industry for over a decade before picking up a pen (read laptop).

She enjoys gardening but not weeding, baking but not cleaning up, and finally convinced her long-time boyfriend to marry her.

Now, about that Bernese Mountain dog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...