Friday, June 26, 2015

ARC Review: His Reverie by Monica Murphy

His Reverie
Reverie #1
ARC
249 pages
Published by Monica Murphy
Release Date: July 28th 2014

Blurb:
I knew from the moment I first saw her she was the one. The only girl I could ever want.
The only girl I could ever love.
She is light.
I am darkness.
She is innocent.
I’ve done too much.
She is good.
I am bad.
She is my every dream.
I should be her every nightmare.
We come from different worlds. She’s…perfect. And I’m…
Not.
Somehow she wants me anyway. So we’ll grasp at what we can. We’re going to make this summer count. She’s my secret. And I’m hers.
The problem with secrets is they never last for long. And when others discover we’re together, they’ll do whatever it takes to keep us apart. All I know is: I won’t let them.
Because Reverie Hale? She’s mine.


Reese's Reviews:
Nick has gotten out of prison and after losing his mom he needs a job so he can leave the town he’s always lived in and start fresh. Nick starts to work for a reverend’s family at their summer home. Nick runs into the daughter Reverie and from their first meeting they both begin falling for each other.

Nick has lost everything, but he’s trying to put his life back together by working. He knows there is no way he can work for Reverie’s family and date Reverie, but that’s what happens despite every barrier in their way. Nick and Reverie come from different worlds, but neither seems to care. They both don’t feel worthy of each other. Nick because he’s went to prison. Nick works really hard in this book to fight his feelings and would do anything to protect Reverie and that’s how he gets in trouble. I liked Nick’s character a lot; he’s sweet and caring and dependable. His character definitely gives off a grown up before his time vibe.

Reverie has been sheltered her whole life, but when she meets Nick she wants to branch out and be more than what he parents made her. She can’t wait until she graduates so she can be free. Reverie is “pure” is every religious sense and it causes a lot of inner conflict within her about what is right and what’s wrong in the eyes of god. Reverie definitely grows up a lot in this book from the shy girl to someone who will stand up for herself and what she believes in.

His Reverie is a cute story. I enjoyed the innocence and the dual point of view. While the here and now was told by Nick, we also got to read what was going on with Reverie through diary entries, which is such a unique way of doing things I couldn’t help but enjoy.

That ending really blew me out of the water, not that I expected anything less from the amazing Monica Murphy and definitely can’t wait to read the sequel!

Huge thank you to Monica Murphy’s publishers and Netgalley for this fantastic book.


New York Times, USA Today and international bestselling author Monica Murphy is a native Californian who lives in the foothills below Yosemite with her husband and three children. She’s a workaholic who loves her job. When she’s not busy writing, she also loves to read and travel with her family. She writes new adult and contemporary romance and is published with Bantam and Avon. She also writes romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...