Monday, April 6, 2015

TBR Review: Apollyon by Jennifer L Armentrout

Aplollyon
Covenant #4
Kindle Edition, 373 pages
Published by Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: April 4th 2013

Blurb:
Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.

Reese's Review:
Oh my goodness. I seriously cannot believe I put reading this book off for so long. Honestly I originally put off reading Apollyon because I hate waiting and I wanted Sentinel to come out. Then Sentinel came out and I really had no excuses as to why I wasn’t reading except I wasn’t ready to say goodbye yet. However, with The Return coming out soon I knew I had to read it and find out what happened next.

For those of you who haven’t read this series yet, what are you doing reading this review? Go read the first three and come back.

Apollyon starts off with Alex in a dark place, connected mind-to-mind with Seth. It’s dark times and I was really nervous the majority of the book would be spent with Alex trying to fight the control. Thankfully that didn’t happen and we get Alex back. In Apollyon our favorite cast of characters fight through Hades, literally, and back to find their true enemy and form an army to beat Seth and the god who made him.

Wow just wow. First before I get into my full thoughts I have to fan girl for a minute. I loved this book. Loved it loved it loved it. The action! The Aiden…oh sweet sexy maple syrup Aiden, who is so badass it’s a beautiful thing. Ah, this book could not have been more perfect.

Okay I’m back. Alex’s life has completely changed from when we first met her in Half-Blood. Now she’s the second Apollyon and now that she’s broken the connection with Seth she knows she has to find a way to stop him. Alex’s character in Apollyon is definitely a different Alex than we’ve seen so far in this series. She’s less impulsive and has more of a filter than in the past books. Alex’s character change hasn’t changed her holistically, she’s still the same amazing character we fell in love with, she’s now just more mature.

Aiden and Alex’s relationship is out in the open for the whole world and underworld to see which was definitely different than anything we’ve seen so far with their forbidden love relationship. They have a lot of intimate times, which was awesome in every way. I enjoyed watching their relationship flourish now that it’s open and they can be more honest about who they are together. It was a fantastic aspect about Apollyon that I really enjoyed.

The ending was killer, in my ways than one. Alex was put through the ringer and I can definitely tell she will never be the same again. I have to say I was so surprised by who the bad guy/ evil God was. Completely caught off guard with that one. The cliffhanger ending definitely made me happy that I have Sentinel at the ready. The ending made me want to cry, scream and cry some more. It’s tragic and gut wrenching and heart stopping.

Sentinel here I come.

“It’s okay. Everything is okay, agapi mou. You’re here now and I have you.” 


# 1 New York Times and International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell Loki.

Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen. Her book Obsidian has been optioned for a major motion picture and her Covenant Series has been optioned for TV. Her young adult romantic suspense novel DON’T LOOK BACK was a 2014 nominated Best in Young Adult Fiction by YALSA.

She also writes Adult and New Adult contemporary and paranormal romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...