Monday, April 27, 2015

ARC Review: Stealing Rose by Monica Murphy

Stealing Rose
The Fowler Sisters #2
Kindle Edition, 337 pages
Published by Bantam
Release Date: March 3rd 2015

Blurb:
People say the youngest child has it easy, but nothing can be further from the truth. Unlike my two sisters, Violet and Lily, I’m never in the limelight. I just work my butt off for Fleur Cosmetics and get little to no thanks for it. I’ve been pushed too far one too many times, and I’m finally brave enough to do something about it.

Maybe my newfound courage has something to do with the amazing pink and white diamond necklace I wear to the party in Cannes. The instant those dazzling heirloom jewels touch my skin, they excite some deep, aching need inside. And when that guy—that totally gorgeous guy—locks eyes with me, I know this nice girl is going to be naughty.

For once it’s my turn. My turn to say no to my father, to outshine my sisters, to walk away from it all—straight into the arms of a mysterious stranger. But what if Caden is much more than I bargained for? Sure, he makes me feel sexy and free in a way I never have before, but there’s something else I can’t quite place—something dangerous. Maybe our “chance” meeting wasn’t so random. Maybe he was looking for me for a reason. Whatever his motive, there’s no going back now.

And maybe I don’t want to.


Reese's Reviews:
Rose Fowler is the youngest Fowler child. She has never been taken serious in her family company or within her own family. She’s tired of being underappreciated so when the opportunity shows itself she decides to stay in Paris and work with Violet and Ryder. That’s where she meets Caden a sexy thief who was sent to steal her family necklace. When they continue bumping into each other they make a decision to spend as much time together as long as violet stays in Paris. Things get hot and heavy and Caden needs to make the decision of whether Violet is worth the lost money and he needs to choose a new path or to take his chances and run. He does a mix of both.

Rose Fowler is very hard working but doesn’t seem to get any appreciation for her hard work. She doesn’t approve of her dads partner choice and so she decides to quite and find something else she wants to do with her life. Sadly Rose is the character I didn’t like in this book at all. All she did was whine and complain about how life isn’t fair. I was finally starting to like her when she said she was going to start making the hard choices in her life, but she never did. She just sat around sulking all the time, never once making a real decision and even when she made a “decision” it never had any real consequences. I was hoping for a strong independent woman and instead this book gave me a whiny brat who I couldn’t relate to.

Caden was a different story. I really liked him. He does everything he can to take care of his struggling mom. While he goes about it the wrong way with stealing, lying, and cheating I liked him because he was always honest about who he was. He makes some hard choices and I enjoyed how he turned out in the end.

Sadly this book was a flop for me. I struggled to get through it and if it weren’t for the abundance of hot sexy scenes I probably wouldn’t have read this book to its completion. Most of the book was sexy scenes, which while I like, I was looking for something more with this story. I had high hopes since Owning Violet was so fantastic that I was really disappointed that this one was not as good. This story was more about the sex than character development and the whole story was pretty predictable in terms of what happens with Caden and Rose since there was so much hinting.

I would recommend this book to those of you who are interested in seeing how the rest of the series plays out.

Thank you Netgalley and Bantam Publishing for sending me a copy for Stealing Rose.


New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of new adult contemporary romance. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

I'm a wife, a mom and I live in California.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...