Friday, March 13, 2015

TBR Review: Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale
Hush, Hush #4
Hardcover, 454 pages
Published by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Release Date: October 23rd 2012

Blurb:
Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.



Reese's Review:
I’ve waited a long time to read this book. I kept putting it off and putting it off because if you’ve read any of my conclusion reviews you know I hate endings. Endings can either make or break a series, but I wasn’t worried about Finale being an epic fail or anything silly like that. I loved Patch and Nora from the get-go and I knew Becca Fitzpatrick wouldn’t let me down. Plus all my booklover friends had read this amazing conclusion by the time I got around to reading Finale and they said it was amazing. If you can’t trust another reader whom can you trust?

Nora is at war on all sides. The Nephilim were promised a war by the Black Hand with the Fallen and they’ll do anything to make sure that happens. However, Nora promised the angels she would stop this war. To stall Nora must now be seen dating Dante who is training her how to use her new Nephilim powers. Patch and Nora have their own private relationship, which is HOT. I mean seriously, it’s Patch, yum!

Nora has taken a lot of hits throughout this series. Honestly I like Nora a lot because she feels like a real person. Throughout this series she has no powers and has to rely on her wits to keep her ahead of the supernatural world that is constantly trying to kill her. She’s a pretty amazing character for always coming out on the other end stronger for it.

Patch, what can I say about Patch that isn’t just YUMMY? Patch was originally a bad guy and then he wasn’t. Now in Finale his love for Nora is what drives him. He would and does anything and everything he can to help her. While he hasn’t always been open about what he’s doing he always comes through in the end. He definitely deserved a happily every after with Nora and I’m happy he got that.

Now since I don’t want to spoil anything I am going to say that Finale was packed with awesome stuff. Make out scenes, dangerous Nephilim and Fallen Angels. Evil Step-sisters. Secrets all around and you may or may not have a cry fest like I had when a couple of the characters had a less than happy ending. Finale was fantastic and enjoyable. I love my action packed books and Finale did not disappoint.

All amazing things said because I loved this book, I couldn’t help but feel that it felt a little rushed. Most of the book was dedicated to training, parties, and amazing Nora and Patch scenes. All well in good it had a steady pacing. Then the last few chapters seemed to rush to the finish line. People died, secrets were revealed, epic battles, more people died and bam! Epilogue over and done in two seconds flat. I wasn’t bothered in the least, I just wish the pacing and surprises hadn’t all been left until the end.

Seriously though Finale was the bomb. Am I sad I waited so long to read this? No. Honestly I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to these characters yet. I started this series in high school. I got my fiancĂ©e to read this series, I got a bunch of my friends to read this series and we all loved every minute of it. So, thank you for the wild ride Becca Fitzpatrick, Patch and Nora, you will always hold a special place in my heart.

“You don’t deserve me,” he agreed. “You deserve better. But you’re stuck with me, and you might as well get over it.” Scooping me under him in one agile movement, he rolled on top of me, his black eyes all pirate. “I have no intention of letting you go easily, something to keep in mind. I don’t care if it’s another man, your mother, or the powers of hell trying to pry us apart, I’m not easing up and I’m not saying good-bye.”


Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush saga, including Hush, Hush; Crescendo; Silence; and Finale all debuted as New York Times best-sellers. She graduated with a degree in health, which she promptly abandoned for storytelling. When not writing, she's most likely running, prowling sales racks for shoes, or traveling. She lives in Colorado with her family. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...