Sunday, March 29, 2015

Stacking the Shelves & Weekly Recap

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly blog post hosted by Tynga's Reviews to share what books you've bought this past week.



E-books:
Derailed (Clayton Falls #1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy -Freebie

When you're lost, sometimes the only place you can go is home.

Broken over the death of her fiancé, Molly leaves law school to return to her childhood home in North Carolina. Expecting to lay low until she can figure out what else to do with her life, she finds herself in the arms of her high school sweetheart, the boy who represents everything from the past she tried to leave behind.

Looking for an escape, she instead finds a way back to the girl she almost forgot existed and a future she never dreamed possible.

Received for Review:
Wolf Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court #1) by Elizabeth Moss

England, 1536. Lord Wolf, hardened soldier and expert lover, has come to King Henry VIII's court to claim his new bride: a girl who has intrigued him since he first saw her riding across the Yorkshire moors. Eloise Tyrell, now lady-in-waiting to Queen Anne Boleyn, has other ideas. She has no desire to submit to a man she barely knows and who - though she is loath to admit it - frightens her not a little. Then comes that first kiss. It awakens in both a fierce desire that bares them to the soul. But as the court erupts into scandal around the ill-fated Queen, Eloise sees first-hand what happens when powerful men tire of their wives. Dare she surrender her body and her heart?

Nice Girls Don't Ride by Roni Loren

Natalie Bourne thinks she has the perfect night planned for her twenty-first birthday. But when her car breaks down and her boyfriend bails on her, she’s left stranded in an auto shop dealing with a way too cocky, way too hot mechanic, who seems to be intent on pushing every button she has.

Monroe Hawkins knows he shouldn’t be messing with a girl from the uppity private college. Especially when he can tell she sees him as the help. But he’s having trouble resisting the redhead with the smart mouth and the killer legs. So when Natalie’s night goes from bad to worse, there’s no way he’s letting her spend her birthday alone. He makes her a deal—he’ll take her home but not until the sun comes up.

Ten hours, one motorcycle, and the city of Austin at their fingertips…things are about to take a major detour. And soon, there may be no U-turn in sight.

This novella was included in the Riding Desire Boxed Set, which is no longer available. But Nice Girls Don't Ride will be available again in April 2015 as a standalone from Penguin Intermix!

I am so excited about Nice Girls Don't Ride. I LOVE Roni Loren so I was super excited when I was asked if I wanted an opportunity for an ARC. I said HELL TO THE YES!!!

Wolf Bride I received from Netgalley for review.

I got Derailed as a freebie since I'm trying to not buy anything at all until I get my stuff read.

Happy Sunday everyone! I have finally, FINALLY started working out again. Booyah! My week has been a tad laid back for the most part. I had a plan on what I was going to read and ended up taking the advice of one of my besties: "When in doubt, Armentrout" so I have been binge reading on all of her books I've fallen behind on. Had a fun week on the blog posting awesome giveaways and reviews. Super excited about next week!


How was your week everyone? Been busy? Did you read anything good?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...