Saturday, March 28, 2015

Review: Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Sentinel
Covenant #5
Kindle Edition, 312 pages
Published by Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: October 31st 2013

Blurb:
It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.
Reese's Review:
I honestly cannot believe that this series is over. I have to say I can always tell the conclusion is amazing when I want to reread the entire series all over again. I put off reading the conclusion to this series for a little over a year. With The Return coming out however, I needed this series fresh in my mind.

Alex has been through the ringer. After returning from her fight with Ares she’s not the same, and not for the reasons you’d think. Something is seriously wrong with our favorite character. Honestly this entire period in the story kept me guessing the entire time. I never would have guessed what was going on. Never the less Alex is one of the best YA characters around and while she’s a little weird and totally scared and too unstable to lead Team Awesome she’s still fantastic.

Aiden, oh what can I say about Aiden? He’s been perfect from the beginning and all of his vulnerability and strength is brought forward in this novel. Aiden is jealous (which was adorably sexy), he was protective and fierce (which was HOT) and he was even more vulnerable and open with Alex than he’s even been in this final installment. I think we truly got to look at just how much Aiden loves Alex and how much he needed her. I loved seeing all the different sides of Aiden in their rawest form because it made me love Aiden all over again.

Seth, what can I say about Seth. He finally made his appearance in this story. I have to say after the stuff he pulled in Apollyon I was ready to kick his butt. I never hated Seth and I actually liked him a lot, just not for Alex. He really redeemed himself in my eyes and to everyone in this book. It was nice to see Seth being a softer wiser Seth than ever before.


The Covenant series is just amazing. Pure and simple. The take on mythology is original and fantastic. Jennifer Armentrout’s writing couldn’t have been better. Her characters are exciting and real. The story always keeping me on my toes with unexpected plot twists, forbidden love and evil daimons and gods.

Sentinel really had my mind racing. I couldn’t put this story down, book hangover anyone? Yeah JLA is worth it though. I laughed so hard I cried. I cried so hard I ran out of tissue. I went through stages of denial and rage and joy and pain and it was so worth it. The Covenant’s cast of characters will forever hold a special place in my heart. No matter how big or small that character was they were absolutely perfect and vital in this story.

I loved this series. Honestly it has everything you could ever want or need in a story. There’s forbidden love, hot male abs, kick ass strong female characters, action packed scenes around every corner, friendships, and crazy gods and supernatural stuff from mythology. It doesn’t get better than that. I’ve read and reread this series more times than I can count. I couldn’t love this series more and honestly never wanted it to end.


# 1 New York Times and International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell Loki.
Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen. Her book Obsidian has been optioned for a major motion picture and her Covenant Series has been optioned for TV. Her young adult romantic suspense novel DON’T LOOK BACK was a 2014 nominated Best in Young Adult Fiction by YALSA.
She also writes Adult and New Adult contemporary and paranormal romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...