Monday, March 30, 2015

Cover Change Reveal: Stripped Bare by Tabatha Vargo

Blaine Wesley

I’m the Jack Hammer. Exotic dancer extraordinaire. The teaser and the pleaser—the paid for penis for play. I have to be all these things to survive. It’s who I became when I lost her. But now she’s back, and I can’t decide who I want to be more. The Jack Hammer or Blaine Wesley. All I know is she’s foreplay at its finest, and it’s my job to get them wet and ready.

Chelsey Ford

Liar. That’s what I called him when he walked out of my life. Losing your first love will turn you into someone bitter. Hateful. Angry. But now he’s back, and he’s determined to torture me. The only problem is, I’m enjoying his form of torture too much. And the hatred for him that holds me together is slowly starting to dissolve.


Reese's Reviews:
Stripped is definitely not what I expected at all. From the original cover I was expecting some erotic read with lots of sex and little story. Totally not what I got at all, but I shouldn’t be surprised since I enjoy Tabatha Vargo’s other books a whole lot.

Blaine and Chelsey’s story began in high school. Chelsey is the perfect student, she’s never missed class and she barely has fun. Her parents are strict beyond belief, but that doesn’t bother her, until Blaine. Knocking into his at school one day was all it took for her to begin falling for him. Blaine is the school bad boy who has no idea what he wants out of life, except for Chelsey. Their romance is adorable, new, and completely sexy, but over way too soon. Now years later they meet again and the secrets between them are so dark and painful it’s hard to believe they’ve survived so long.

So wow, first off from the prologue I thought this story was going to be taking place with older more characters, but Stripped took a surprising turn. The book starts from the beginning of their romance and then works to how they ended up where we meet them in the prologue.

I loved how this book was so surprising. I really enjoyed every minute of this book. I enjoyed the characters and felt the story was surprising and refreshing. I loved the realism that misunderstandings can have terrible consequences.

Chelsey has had a sheltered life. Her family is rich beyond belief, but that doesn’t matter to her. She has a best friend who is an amazing source of humor for her. Chelsey definitely develops a lot throughout the story. She learns how to have fun and enjoy life a lot more. Sadly in the future older version of her she has to go through that lesson again, but she has a good reason.

Blaine is an amazing character. I enjoyed his character development just as much as Chelsey’s. Stripped really goes to show how much two people can influence each other. Blaine fell for Chelsey hard and fast, but was a total jerk to her a lot of the time. Sometimes his cruelty had me wanting to cry, but he made up for it. It was mainly just his insecurity and hurt that had him being a douche but like I said I fell for Blaine quick so I was willing to forgive his douchey-ness.

I loved this story a lot. Tabatha Vargo did an amazing job crafting this story and it was so worth the wait. I LOVED the strip club scene and the high school growing romance. Since I’m such a huge fan of YA and NA it felt as if I got both in one story which I have never seen done before.

I would really recommend Stripped to people who enjoy mature NA books with lots of steamy but sweet romance. Be prepared for surprises and amazing writing and characters.


Tabatha is a sweet tea sippin', front porch sittin' kind of girl from South Carolina. She loves old, historical anything, wind chimes, and all things romantic. She is the mother of an 8 y/o rock star/princess and the wife of her very own Prince Charming.
When she isn't writing, she's texting book ideas to herself.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...