Monday, December 22, 2014

Review: Real by Katy Evans

Real
Real #1
266 pages
Published April 8th 2013

Blurb:
A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .


But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

Reese's Review:
I received a copy of Real for an honest review.

I’d heard such great things about Real and Katy Evans I was super excited when I was approved a copy of Real for review.

Sadly, after all the hype surrounding this book I was just not into it. The entire book has next to no substance besides the main character talking about how horny she is for Remy.

When he’s fighting she’s horny, breathing, drinking, sleeping, whatever she’s wet and aching and you know horny. The entire book was like this. I was surprised the author even snuck some semblance of a story in this book somewhere with all the sexual tension.

Most of the book just described Remy and his bulging hard muscles and abs and sexy facial features.  All of this lasted about 75% of the book. When they finally had the sex it was really hot but I was just sex to me. I was happy Brooke and Remy finally had it but it took waaay to long to get there and when all I read was bulging muscles and lady parts clenching I was ready for this book to be over.

However, the end of this story turned around to the actual story, which was nice.

Brooke and Remy’s relationship was nothing special. Brooke wanted sex and wanted to take care of Remy. Remy is a vulnerable alpha male who suffers from a mental condition that causes him daily issues, but also drives him. The overall problem I had was how I had to read between the lines with everything going on between the characters because Remy said next to nothing the whole book. I get the whole silent brooding type and his damaged past but a couple more words would have been nice. I didn’t like how Brooke seemed to fall in love with him in like the first six chapters but knew next to nothing about him. Always being horny for him I was surprised she had room for anything else.

The end. When the ending happens and Brooke thinks, “I have to say this or he’ll never forgive me or move on” that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Do you know love him now but he has a magical penis so you need him to forgive you? That’s how it felt when she said that.

Overall, Real was more or less a fail for me. The REAL problems going on in this book that were overlooked by the excessive horniness was a no go for me. I did find I really wanted to know what happened next and the writing was pretty good but the rest of the book was a no go for me.



Katy Evans grew up with books and book-boyfriends until she found a real sexy boyfriend to love. They married and are now hard at work on their own happily ever after. Katy loves her family and friends, and she also loves reading, walking, baking, and being consumed by her characters until she reaches “The End.” Which is, hopefully, only the beginning…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...