Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Highlights from 2014

It's the final day of the year 2014 here and i seriously can't believe how crazy this year has been. I've had so much fun blogging this year although so far it's been the toughest year to get my posts done in time and to stay motivated when I have so many other things needing to be done. It's been a great year with all of you guys and I am looking forward to seeing you in the upcoming new year. That being said here are some of the highlights of 2014 for me.



I decided to count up the total number of books I've gotten this year for e-books and books that are in hard copy on my shelf. Here is was I found.
My kindle received 257 e-books this year. Dang, that's like my entire bookshelf...not really but close.

My bookshelf received 106 hard copy books this year. Holy damn! Seriously that's a lot of freaking books and this year I "tried" to abstain from getting too many books. Guess it could have been waay more.

I also received reviewer copies which I didn't add since that would take a long time and I wanted to stop adding.

I read a total of 226 books this year. Wow that's a whole lot of reading I got done.

My favorite books published in 2014: 

Need You Tonight (Loving on the Edge #5) by Roni Loren
Better when He's Bad (Welcome to the Point #1) by Jay Crownover
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare
Some Boys by Patty Blount
Deeper (Caroline & West #1) by Robin York
The Professional (The Game Maker #1) by Kresley Cole

Personal stuff from 2014:
I know this doesn't look like fundraising but it is. The top picture is me playing human foosball with an organization I'm in. We helped raise money for Kibera which is the largest slum in the world. Our school helped raise $2,000 so go us. It was fun and helpful.

The bottom picture is my team and I playing Big Pink Volleyball which helps raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. Our team lost but it was fantastic.

Sadly at the beginning of this year my puppy Monster Mandela died. I loved him a lot and definitely miss him a lot.

My mom got a puppy this year. He's 10 weeks old as of this post coming up. His name is Wolverine.

The second picture is me holding my not even one year old cousin. She's adorable and the first baby not to cry when I held her.

The bottom is my soon to be second cousin. She's almost 2 and freaking adorable. She's laying in my lap.

If you've been following my blog this year I had mentioned before that my boyfriend (now fiance) was sick for a year before he got to the doctor. He was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. While it stinks that he's going he have this forever he's been awesome about it.

Def: "Ulcerative colitis is a type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that affects the lining of the large intestine (colon) and rectum. Crohn's disease is a related condition."

I went to the RT Booklovers Convention, my third one! I met up with one of my now best friends there. I went with my mom and grandpa. So fun, Sadly, I am graduating and going through finals during the 2015 convention so I won't be going this upcoming year. Good thing I have so many books.

My boyfriend of 5 years and best friend for 6 popped the question back in October during our fall break in a Barnes and Noble. I'm so lucky to have him.

From the blog:
I posted 171 reviews this year. Holy cow that's a lot. I honestly couldn't believe it since that's a lot but there it is.

My Facebook page got a lot of love this year with a little over 600 followers!! Yay go me and a big thank you to all of you who have liked it.


My favorite post this year to make and write definitely had to be the post where I listed some complaints I've had about books. The comments I received over that post were awesome and it was just fun to write. Here's the link if you want to check it out.



Books I'm excited about for 2015:

A BIG

To everyone for another fantastic year. I loved reading all of your comments and checking out all of your blogs over the year and I am excited for 2015 to start.


How was your year? Did you buy a lot? Read a lot? Review a lot? Anything exciting happen? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...