Sunday, December 7, 2014

ARC Review: Damaged by H.M. Ward


Life Before Damaged Vol. 1
Kindle Edition, 156 pages
Published by H.M. Ward Press
Release Date: November 22nd 2014

Blurb:
BY NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR HM WARD

Money. Power. Sex.

The trifecta every man strives for and very few attain. I had these things and walked away from the endless stream of women, from the family fortune, from everything. It was all mine in a life long forgotten. The past can't stay buried forever and hiding mine from Sidney is getting harder. I'm not the guy she thinks, and if she knows the truth I risk losing her.

The thing is, I feel those old ways pulling me back, and if Sidney is part of my life she has to know. If she doesn't it could destroy us both.


The truth won't set me free. No matter what my name is, I'll always be a Ferro. But Sidney has a choice and I won't steal it from her.

Genre: New Adult Romance
This story unfolds over multiple volumes approx. 125 pages each.

Reese's Reviews:
Life Before Damaged starts out in Peter’s perspective. He’s worried who he was, who he still is will chase her away, but being amazing Peter, he wants Sidney to know anyway. So taking out Gina’s journals he gives them to her and waits for her decision.

Gina’s journals start with a rave, and her first encounter of Peter. Honestly it’s so freaking hilarious. I swear I don’t know where Mrs. Ward gets this stuff but man on man that scene was fantastic. Gina is a complete sweetheart and I can see how Peter fell for her. She’s sweet, loyal, and pure in almost every way. Although she lacks the ability to let go and have fun she’s an adorable character to read about.

I don’t want to ruin things I’m just going to say Peter isn’t the Peter we know in Damaged…totally. He’s still poetic, intelligent, and completely sexy. However, he is also an ubber playboy and flirt. Honestly I love this Peter who isn’t as damaged as he in when we first meet him in Damaged. He still also has the hero thing working for him in all three books, which earns him extra hot points.

Gina is a good girl and Peter is a definite bad boy. While I do know how this ends I am definitely going to enjoy reading about life before Damaged with Peter and Gina.

I received an ARC of Life Before Damaged for an honest review.


H.M. Ward is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling New Adult author, having sold over 5 million books since her debut in 2011.

This NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, USA TODAY, and Amazon #1 bestselling writer's series include: THE FERRO FAMILY: DAMAGED, THE ARRANGEMENT, and STRIPPED; as well as SCANDALOUS, TRYSTAN SCOTT, and SECRETS. Ward was recently featured in FORBES, the WALL STREET JOURNAL, and the WASHINGTON POST.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...