Saturday, October 18, 2014

Review: Of Triton by Anna Banks

Of Triton
Series: The Syrena Legacy #2
Paperback, 304 pages
Published by Square Fish
Release Date: May 13th 2014

Blurb:
Emma has just learned that her mother is a long-lost Poseidon princess, and now struggles with an identity crisis: As a Half-Breed, she’s a freak in the human world and an abomination in the Syrena realm. Syrena law states all Half-Breeds should be put to death.

As if that’s not bad enough, her mother’s reappearance in the Syrena world turns the two kingdoms—Poseidon and Triton—against one another. Which leaves Emma with a decision to make: Should she comply with Galen’s request to keep herself safe and just hope for the best? Or should she risk it all and reveal herself—and her Gift—to save a people she’s never known?


Once again, Anna Banks infuses Emma and Galen’s points of view with humor, intrigue, and waves of romance.

Reese's Review:
Of Poseidon left at such an epic cliffhanger I am so happy I didn’t start reading this Trilogy until all the books were out. The wait would have been killer. Anyway Of Poseidon concluded with the reveal of who Emma’s mother truly is, which is the lost House of Poseidon Princess Nalia. Now Nalia is on the run and is taking Emma with her because she doesn’t believe Galen when he tells her Grom is alive. When the truth is revealed about Grom and Emma’s true identity everything begins to change. Galen, Grom and Nalia head back to the Kingdom to get Grom’s marriage cleared up but once they get there they realize a lot has changed. Now all the Royal’s are on trial and the only one who can save them is Emma but to do so she must reveal her true identity and even that might get her killed.

Honestly Of Triton was non-stop action and non-stop swoony romance scenes. Galen and Emma are closer than ever after everything is cleared up. They get hot and heavy but never go to far since then their union wouldn’t be acknowledged. So lots of awesome make out scenes from both of their perspectives’, which was awesome. 


The action scene towards the end of the book is absolutely amazing. Fish transport humans, and there’s a stabbing it’s just fantastic.  Plus there are people who try to over throw the Royals and it’s really hard not to see both sides but I was so voting for the Royals.  

Emma and Galen really grow a lot throughout this story I think. There’s less bickering between the two of them which is sad but that definitely showed the progress in their relationship. 

I have to say though I was not expecting what happened at the end to happen. I honestly cried a whole lot at the end because I just couldn’t believe that we’d lost one of our characters.

Anna Banks did an amazing job writing this sequel. She crafts the characters to make them infuriating and yet loving. I was so happy this series didn’t suffer from the issue of the Evil Sequel worm that sometimes happens with books. Anna Banks definitely created an amazing world both above and below the water. Everything about this series and this books were amazing so I know Anna Banks will forever be in my “I love you for life” author bank.

Of Triton is amazing. I was happy this series’ Titles actually had meaning and that made me love this book even more. The cast of characters was just lovely and the whole world in these books is just so magical.  While it felt like this series should have ended after this one I am super excited to read Of Neptune!

Teaser:
“Wait," I call to him. He stops. "I just wanted to say, I like your big fin. I think it's very sexy.”

Swoon:
"What are you doing?" I ask. His legs are longer than mine so for every two of his strides I have to take three, which feels a lot like running.
He stops us in between the dunes. "I'm doing something that is none of anyone else's business." Then he jerks me up against him and crushes his mouth on mine. And I see why he didn't want an audience for this kiss. I wouldn't want an audience for this kiss, either.”




New York Times Bestselling author of The Syrena Legacy series.
Grew up in a town called Niceville. No, seriously. I graduated from Niceville High School. So did J Lo's second husband. And the guy that plays Aqua Man on Smallville dated my best friend.
Now I indulge my tendency to lie by writing the lies down and selling them to publishers. Well actually my agent sells it, so she's an accomplice to lies. One of my lies is called OF POSEIDON. The sequel is called OF TRITON. The last and final installment is OF NEPTUNE, and it released May 13, 2014.
And um. I also write adult fiction under pen name Anna Scarlett. One of the adult lies is DEGREES OF WRONG.
That is all.


What do you think? Up for a mermaid romance?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...