Friday, October 24, 2014

Review: Of Neptune by Anna Banks

Of Neptune
Series: The Syrena Legacy #3
Hardcover, 330 pages
Published by Feiwel & Friends
Release Date: May 13th 2014

Blurb:
Emma, who is half human and half Syrena, and her Syrena love, Galen, need time together. Alone. Away from the kingdoms of Poseidon and Triton. Emma’s grandfather, the Poseidon king, suggests the two visit a small town called Neptune.

Neptune is home to both Syrena and Half-Breeds alike. But Emma and Galen didn’t sign up to be peacemakers between the ocean-living Syrena and the land-dwelling, freshwater counterparts. They didn’t bargain for meeting a charming Half-Breed named Reed, who can barely disguise his feelings for Emma. And they especially didn’t expect to find themselves in the middle of a power struggle that threatens not only their love, but their ocean kingdoms.


In this stunning conclusion to her bestselling Syrena Legacy, Anna Banks thrills fans with more action and romance than ever.

Reese's Review:
After the tragedy that bestowed Emma and Galen at the Island where they lost Rachel the couple want a vacation away from all the drama at Court. Galen purposes a two-week vacation to travel to the mountains. While the couple is met with resistance with help from Emma’s grandfather they set off for Neptune. When they get there though Neptune is nothing like they expected. It’s a town of Syrena, human’s and half-breeds. Some of the Half-breeds’ even have the gift of Poseidon like Emma.

Okay so a lot happens in Of Neptune. I’m telling you this series is just jam packed with action, mystery and other goodies.

Galen is heart broken over the loss of Rachel and wants to get away but when they reach the town of Neptune all his worries about Emma and him resurface anew. Especially when Emma meets a boy who’s taken with her who is the same as she is. Galen wants to leave and Emma wants to stay. Galen wants to live in the ocean so he’ll have more time with Emma and Emma wants to go to college. When Emma and Galen have a huge argument Galen takes off for a bit and is kidnapped, leaving Anna to believe he’s left her for good.

Now Emma is forced to figure out what and who she wants. Reed the half-breed who teaches her about secrets she didn’t know about herself or Galen the boy who left her. Everything becomes confusing and when she begins to realize Galen was taken Reed is taken too. Now they’re both missing and Anna must figure out a way to unite Neptune with the Royal Court.

I both loved and loathed this book. I really enjoyed this book with the action and they mystery but it was a lot to take in. I still loved Emma and Galen but it was frustrating to see both of their characters act as if they couldn’t talk to one another. In the end it all came together but towards the middle it was exasperating.

Neptune was awesome and I loved the tight knit community it radiated even through the pages. Ann Banks definitely did a great job creating this small town community and made the entire town characters really seem like a family to one another. I greatly enjoyed that.

Reed the new boy is a hunk I am not gonna lie. He’s got swagger and he knows he’s hot stuff. I liked his character a lot, just not with Emma. I think especially after two books there was no way Emma and Galen weren’t going to end up with each other so I didn’t really see a hinting at a love triangle.

I’m seriously sad this series/trilogy is over but it was a great trilogy. I loved the Syrena world and all the characters and the writing really made this book something extra special! Sad it’s over but I definitely think the ending was perfect.

Swoon:
“Emma, I will love you with every breath in my body and beyond my own death. I swear to be your shield, your protector, your worshipper. There is nothing I will deny you. I am yours”






New York Times Bestselling author of The Syrena Legacy series.
Grew up in a town called Niceville. No, seriously. I graduated from Niceville High School. So did J Lo's second husband. And the guy that plays Aqua Man on Smallville dated my best friend.
Now I indulge my tendency to lie by writing the lies down and selling them to publishers. Well actually my agent sells it, so she's an accomplice to lies. One of my lies is called OF POSEIDON. The sequel is called OF TRITON. The last and final installment is OF NEPTUNE, and it released May 13, 2014.
And um. I also write adult fiction under pen name Anna Scarlett. One of the adult lies is DEGREES OF WRONG.< That is all.


What did you think of the ending of this series if you've read it? Do you love it or hate it when series come a conclusion?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...