Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Blog Tour: Kill Devil Hill by Sarah Darlington





KILL DEVIL HILLS
Author: Sarah Darlington
Genre: New Adult Romance
More info: Goodreads

Synopsis:
He’s twenty-four. She’s eighteen.

His life is exactly the way he’s always wanted it to be...stable.

She’s quite possibly the very definition of unstable.

Noah saved her.
Georgina never wanted to be saved.

Growing up, Noah Clark was passed from one relative to the next until he finally ended up living with his abusive, alcoholic uncle in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina. Thanks in part to the unwavering love and support of his best friend, Ellie Turner, Noah survived those years, escaped his uncle, and grew into the man he is today. Now he runs his own business and lives a pretty normal, no-nonsense life—one where he maintains a high level of control.



Georgina is Ellie’s younger sister. Four months ago, Noah saved Georgie’s life, but he thought that was where his involvement with his friend’s sister would end. Now Georgie has returned home from the recovery facility her parents sent her away to and Noah, still haunted by the night that connects them, can’t stop himself from continuously trying to protect this girl he barely knows. But is he willing to give up all of the control he’s worked so hard to build in his life and risk everything for her? Even more importantly, would she do the same for him?

LINKS TO BUY (99c for release week only!!): Amazon I Amazon UK I Barnes and Noble I Kobo



My Review:
I received a copy of "Kill Devil Hill" for an honest review.

Before I get to the full review I have to say "Kill Devil Hill" was totally and fantastically epic! I was so honored when I got the e-mail asking if I wanted to read another of Sarah Darlington’s books. I couldn’t believe it because “Heck-y yeah I did!” While I did sign up for this blog tour a while back "Kill Devil Hill" was completely worth the wait.

Noah and his best friend Ellie were getting drunk one night when Noah stumbled upon Ellie’s sister. Her wrists cut, a goodbye note on her phone, bleeding out in the bathtub. Noah knows he needs to save her, and he does.

Four months later Georgie is coming home from a facility that helped her deal with her grief over losing her brother. Everything is different and yet the same. She hasn’t been able to get Noah out of her mind for the last four months. When they come face to face again they can both feel a connection between them and despite the fact Noah is six years older he wants Georgie more than anything.

"Kill Devil Hill’s" title seems to suggest a scarier story than you get. I swear when I read the title I was thinking it would be too scary for me but Kill Devil Hill is actually a place not an ax murders code name. Thank goodness.

Georgie was an adorable character who while I didn’t think I was going to connect with I actually did. She really owns up to what she did and tries to mend all of her relationships with her friends and family. I have to say I truly enjoyed Georgie’s progression throughout the story. While she has insecurity and guilt issues she never shied away from help when it was offered and she was there for the people who needed her as well. I liked that a lot. The only problem I had was how she over thought everything and always went with the worst case scenario. I know I said she has some insecurity issues but, sometimes it became a bit much for me.

Noah has a dark past after losing everyone in his family and being constantly abused he’s a bit shy and standoffish to a lot of people in this book except his closest friends. Noah and Georgie have a bit of a rocky start since he’s a tad socially awkward but, he figures it out. I have to say his thoughts for much of this book were definitely fan worthy. I always loved the way he threw his whole self into everything, He’s a total romantic and I was happy he got a happy ending.

"Kill Devil Hill" was an amazing quick read. Like I said I love Sarah Darlington’s books are just fantastical and her writing is so realistic and phenomenal. I love her characters and how they all seem so relatable. This was a fantastic story and I cannot wait for the next installment!!! I hope it’s Ellie’s story because I loved her character best!



About the Author:

Sarah Darlington lives in Virginia with her husband and crazy-active 2-year-old son. She’s a former flight attendant, day-dreamer, traveler, and wannabe photographer. Her debut novel HE BELONGS WITH ME, a standalone, was released March 2014. KILL DEVIL HILLS will be the first book of a three book series. Each novel in this new series will feature a different couple's story. 

Stay connected with Sarah:

Goodreads I Twitter I Facebook Sarah's Website I Instagram

Also by Sarah: HE BELONGS WITH ME {Amazon I Amazon UK}






GIVEAWAY:

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...