Saturday, May 3, 2014

Blog Tour: Girl Lost by Nazarea Andrews













Girl Lost Synopsis:
Northern was supposed to be a fresh start—a place where people didn’t know who I was or how I had spent years in and out of mental institutes. People didn't know about my parents death or the island no one heard of. But when Peter sits next to me in lit class, I can’t stop the memories, and I don’t want to. He looks too much like the boy from the island, and despite my best intentions, coaxes my secrets from me.
He’s gorgeous, irresistible, a little mad, and completely lost—we are a pair of broken cogs in a world neither of us truly fits into. He is somehow gentle and fierce, heartbreaking in his devotion and savage in his defense.
When Belle, his best friend, shows up, pale and lovely and sick, Peter pulls away from me, a startling withdrawal. It’s a relationship that scares and confuses me. She is at times warm and friendly, and other times is violent and unpredictable.
Peter says that he wants me, but refuses to let himself get close. And there are secrets, surrounding both of us, that border on nightmares. As the memories close in, as Belle gets sicker and more violent, I’m torn between what is true and what I believe, and what this magical boy knows about my mysterious past.



Buy Links:
Amazon:
Barnes and Noble:


My Review:
I received a copy of Girl Lost for an honest review.

Holy smokes! Nazarea Andrews has done it again. Taken an amazing fairy tale and twisted it so beautifully and so craftily that I will never be able to look at the story the same again.

All Gwen wanted was a fresh start. Away from the Institute and the worried glances she gets from her Aunt and Douglas every day about what happened the day her family was killed on the Second Star all those years ago. Now at Northern she thought she could finally be okay but she sees him everywhere. The Boy from her dreams, from her past, the reason everyone thinks she’s crazy. Except this time the Boy is real and his name is Peter. Peter who is bad for her because he makes her mix up her past and her present and Gwen knows she can’t afford to be institutionalized again. Not with her multibillion family company hanging over her head. But Peter makes her think that maybe she isn’t all that crazy.

So wow I don’t even know where to start. I was a tad iffy at the beginning of the book because everything took so long to get out in the open all I could think was “huh?” Yeah I had no idea what was going on except that Gwen had a lot of responsibilities and people in her life thought she was crazy. That went on for a while too which was kind of annoying. Then I figured it out. I was so freaking mind blown too. Nazarea Andrews mixed everything from the classic story into a beautiful modern and messed up new age story.

Gwen was an interesting character. She grew a lot in the story from the lost girl who was hurt by everything and had no friends to a girl who could stand on her own two feet. She had her set-backs of course but all in all I liked her character.

Peter was a little messed up. He seems so sinister in some ways and yet so innocent. What’s his is his and nobody can take that away from him. Gwen is his and he will never share her with anyone. He’s kind of stalkerish at times but while he was majorly messed up I couldn’t bring myself not to love him.

Everything about this story is so beautifully done. I loved this story and after how it ended I’m seriously hoping there is a second book. I honestly have no words for just how amazing Lost Girl is. Everything is so beautifully woven together and so intricate I loved every second of this book even when I wanted things to pick up. Once again Nazarea Andrews has blown my mind with another amazing tale!

Teaser:
“If he touches you, Gwen, I will break him. You want space, and I’ll give it to you. But I’m not leaving- I’m simply waiting for you to realize we’re meant to be together.”

Swoon:
“There is something desperate about the way he holds me to him, the way his lips move against mine. He kissed me like he’s waited years for this one moment, like he can’t quite believe it’s real.”





Nazarea Andrews Bio:
Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.
You can follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Nazarea Andrews is agented, and all inquiries about rights should be directed to Michelle Johsnon of Inklings Literary.

Links:
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Author Goodreads | Girl Lost Goodreads | Amazon author page

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...