Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blog Tour: All Lined Up by Cora Carmack

ALL LINED UP Synopsis:
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cora Carmack follows up her trio of hits—Losing It, Faking It, and Finding It—with this thrilling first novel in an explosive series bursting with the Texas flavor, edge, and steamy romance of Friday Night Lights.

In Texas, two things are cherished above all else—football and gossip. My life has always been ruled by both.

Dallas Cole loathes football. That's what happens when you spend your whole childhood coming in second to a sport. College is her time to step out of the bleachers, and put the playing field (and the players) in her past.

But life doesn't always go as planned. As if going to the same college as her football star ex wasn’t bad enough, her father, a Texas high school coaching phenom, has decided to make the jump to college ball… as the new head coach at Rusk University. Dallas finds herself in the shadows of her father and football all over again.

Carson McClain is determined to go from second-string quarterback to the starting line-up. He needs the scholarship and the future that football provides. But when a beautiful redhead literally falls into his life, his focus is more than tested. It's obliterated.

Dallas doesn't know Carson is on the team. Carson doesn't know that Dallas is his new coach's daughter.

And neither of them know how to walk away from the attraction they feel.



Buy Links:

My Review:
I honestly wasn’t sure what I was getting into when I started reading about Cora Carmack’s new book All Lined Up and I could see the book already had a huge fan base even before the book was released. That made me nervous. Popular books and I tend to not mix for some reason. I should not have fretted because All Lined Up was amazing and nothing like I expected.

Dallas is so over football. Her dad has coached multiple college and high school football teams, taking them from the bottom to the top and then they move on to another school. Dallas’ first boyfriend played football and when they broke up she was done, or so she thought. The first night at school she meets Carson who is all kinds of hot and leaves her wanting.

Carson is having a hard time fitting in at Rusk. He’s a transfer so none of the guys respect him and he needs to be better if he wants to stay at the school without making his parents give up more than they already have. He needs a scholarship and he won’t get that from his grades. He knows there can be no distractions but running into Dallas turns everything upside down.

I am honestly in love with this series now. Cora Carmack does not disappoint with her new series.

Dallas and Carson were great characters to read about. Carson is sweet and dedicated. Even when he knows he’s not supposed to be with Dallas he finds a way to be with her in any way he can. I honestly loved their relationship. They study and do homework together, they watch movies and do normal couple things together which was adorable and made their relationship all the more believable.

Both characters really grow from amazing characters to awesome characters. Where Dallas is scared to love and be vulnerable she learns to be herself and comes out of her shell, with the help of Carson of coarse. Carson thinks he’ll never be good enough but over time he learns to have more confidence within himself, which I mean who doesn’t love a hot confident funny guy? I know I do!

I honestly loved this book. Everything about this story made everything so realistic and enjoyable. I loved the humor and constantly found myself laughing while reading. My heart would ache when things got hard and I could hardly put this amazing story down for a second. All Lined Up is an amazing addition to the rising New Adult genre and I can’t wait for the next installment.

Teaser:
“I can deny myself all I want, but one thing I cannot deny is just how fucking gorgeous this girl is. And exactly the kind of distraction I'm supposed to be staying away from.”


Swoon:
“I swallow and stare and swallow again, because dear, sweet Jesus riding a unicorn, he’s perfect. Hard contoured muscles slope towards the broad plane of his chest.”
(I know right! Doesn’t that sound wonderful?)


Tour Schedule!

GIVEAWAY:
There is a rafflecopter giveaway for 5 signed copies of ALL LINED UP for 5 winners-US Only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway


Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend out of it. Awkward people need love, too. Her first book, LOSING IT, is a New York Times and USA Today bestseller.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...