Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Review: One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy

Book Info:
Title: One Week Girlfriend
Kindle Edition
185 pages
Published by Monica Murphy
Release Date: February 10th 2013
Add to Goodreads
Get Your Copy: Amazon, B&N

Blurb:
New Adult Contemporary Romance

**Mature situations and sexual content recommended for ages 17+**

Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.
My Review:
Holy smokes this book has been on my tbr shelf for a while and when it finally became on sale I was like “why not?” I had no idea I would fall in love with this book but, who said surprises were bad?

Drew is going home for Thanksgiving break and he needs Fable to be his one week girlfriend. There are rumors about her that she’s slept with everyone and Drew needs her now. Not to sleep with but for shock factor. Home is the last place he wants to be but he has no choice. Fable is broke. Paying all the bills, working, taking care of her brother and dealing with the fact he mother doesn’t love her are taking its toll. When Drew comes up to her offering her money to be his one week girlfriend she can’t turn it down.

Holy crap so when I opened this book I honestly wasn’t expecting what I got. I thought this would be the typical guy hires fake girlfriend and they fall in love over the week. While that did happen it is so much more complex than that it’s honestly insane.

Drew has a dark past and it has driven him away from everyone. All he wants is to go pro and leave the past behind, but he can’t. Honestly his past is dark and twisted and I felt so terrible for Drew for not knowing what to do and just everything that happened to him was terrible.  P.S. Drew is honestly hot hot and definitely book boyfriend material…if you don’t mind guys who are a wee bit messed up.

Fable is honestly an amazing character. Despite being paid she really cares about Drew and is always there to help him out even when he’s not being the nicest or when he freaks out. She helps him through a lot of his problems all the while caring for him and staying strong for both of them. Fable is definitely one of those female characters I love who are strong and fierce despite their situations.

The steaminess factor is honestly through the roof in this book. A fan will not be able to cool you down. Drew and Fable are drawn to each other despite everything. Drew never dates girls and never wants girls, but he wants Fable and she wants him too. The pull they have towards each other is intense even if they don’t see it right away and view it as only one sided.

Now, let me just say that Drew’s issues through me for a loop. Usually the women are the ones with the huge problems like dealing with abuse, neglect, rape, etc. but instead it’s Drew who honestly has had a messed up life and it’s really sad because nobody seems to notice until Fable comes along and it thrown right into it. Seriously you’ll get what it is almost right away just not how bad the situation is.
What I am saying is you need to read this book. It’s amazing. Monica Murphy’s writing is a work of art. I never felt bored and was captivated from the first page so thank you Monica Murphy for being awesome. I will forever be reading Monica Murphy’s stuff because I loved this book that much. Get your copy ASAP!

Teaser:
“Sex leads you to a bad place. Where you’re doing things that feel so damn good but you know are wrong. Sex for me has always been…shameful.”

Swoon:


New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of new adult contemporary romance. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I'm a wife, a mom and I live in California.

Check Monica out at these sites: Website/ Facebook/ Twitter/ Goodreads/ Pinterest
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...