Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: The Proposition #3 by H.M. Ward

Book Info:
Title: The Proposition #3
Kindle Edition
110 pages
Published March 25th 2014
Add to Goodreads
To Buy: Amazon, Kobo

Blurb:
Blackmail. Sex. Ferro.

An engaement is the farthest thing from my mind, but as Neil holds up the ring I glance around and notice someone is missing. Maggie. The man had the audacity to invite everyone else except my best friend. Where is she? When I go to find out, I don't like what I discover.

Once, I'd thought I was different from the Ferros and the Campagones, but when it comes down to it--I'm exactly the same.


My Review:
So I fell in love with this series from book one and then book two with the duck rapist really had me loving this series all the more. I mean come on any book with a rapist duck, and a Ferro man is a recipe for amazingness.

With that being said I was just not drawn into part three like I thought I would be. I felt there was too much inner angstyness and I don’t know really where this book fell short to me but it did. Am I saying I didn’t love this book? No of course not. H.M. Ward still has that amazing pull into the world even when the characters are being dumb in my personal opinion. Hallie was just so danged wallow-y and it seriously ticks me off that she stays with Neil. Do I get the point of staying and being safe with being able to stand on your own two feet and not being afraid of where your next meal is coming from? Hell yeah I do. What I don’t get is she has the opportunity and will have the money to be safe on her own and she’s choosing not to. I just am not getting her character.

Then there’s the stuff with Brian. Okay his character and his secrets are truly the only reason I am reading this book along with Maggie. I love their characters. Maggie even in this book after everything that’s happened is still, I don’t know almost a stronger character than Hallie. Brian is yummy and has secrets and is sweet and knows Hallie isn’t happy and is willing to make her happy. I just enjoy Brian and his tenderness even though he can be scary sometimes he’s not really like the other Ferro’s I’ve met. Brian’s secret which is somewhat revealed at the end and what will be revealed about him is why I’m reading and while that bothers me like I said H.M. Ward makes the world and angst bearable even if the main character isn’t.

All and all what am I saying, I guess I’m saying I was really excited about this book and it fell short for me with Hallie. The rest of the story? Freaking mind blowing and awesomeness that is totally all H.M. Ward. Brain and Hallie finally get it on and it was HOT HOT HOT! I may have been doing a  little happy dance or you know fanning myself because it was hot although it would have been hotter without Hallie’s ever constant any annoying inner monologue but hey whatever. Like I said it was still hot. People die, people are arrested, and of course Neil is still a complete and total boring douche bag. I mean seriously he makes me mad. No offense but if my lady or my man candy was writing about hot sex I wasn’t having with said person I would take that as a hint to get the stick out of my ars but hey whatever. Honestly the duck is more sexual promiscuous than he is. Poor Hallie. She’s gone from full on ice cream cone with swirls and sprinkles and those yummy nut chocolate things to plainer than vanilla. I didn’t even know there was such a thing but yeah Neil you are boring congrats.

Please please please pick up a copy of this book or go start this series because that will mean book 4 will come out sooner and I’m impatient so you know there’s that. Plus if you haven’t read this series yet don’t you want to find out about that duck?


H.M. Ward is the #1 bestselling New Adult author in the world, having sold over 4 million books in 2013. This NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, USA TODAY, and Amazon #1 bestselling writer's series include: THE FERRO FAMILY: DAMAGED, THE ARRANGEMENT, and STRIPPED; as well as SCANDALOUS, TRYSTAN SCOTT, and SECRETS. Ward was recently featured in FORBES, the WALL STREET JOURNAL, and the WASHINGTON POST.

You can interact with this bestselling author at: www.facebook.com/AuthorHMWard. Don't want to miss a release date: Text AWESOMEBOOKS to 22828 and get an email reminder on release dates.
Check H.M. Ward out: Website/ Blog/ Goodreads/ Twitter
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...