Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review: The Dark Light of Day by T.M. Frazier

Book Info:
Title: The Dark Light of Day
Kindle Edition
267 pages
Published by Booktrope
Release Date: December 5th 2013
Add to Goodreads
Get Your Copy: Amazon, B&N

Blurb:
Warning: This is not your typical romance. The story of Abby & Jake contains disturbing situations, graphic violence, sex, strong language, drug use, and all types of abuse.

Abby has been through hell and has survived one of the most brutal childhoods imaginable...barely.

To the outside world she is just a loner with an attitude.

When her grandmother dies in a tragic explosion, Abby is left with questions-and nothing else.

Homeless, sleeping in a junkyard, and on the run from a system that has failed her over and over again, she meets Jake, a tattooed blue-eyed biker with secrets that rival her own.

Two broken souls that can't be healed. They can't be saved.

Abby & Jake have to decide if they can accept the darkness not only within one another, but within themselves.

If they can accept each other for who they really are, they might be able to learn that love isn't always found in the light.


My Review:
I received a copy of The Dark Light of Day for an honest review.

The Dark Light of Day deserves like 50,000,000 golden stars or in my blogs case bats. Just wow! This book just blew my mind. I did not expect what happened in this book at all. Definitely one of the best books I’ve read this month.

Abby’s life has gone taken a nose dive. On the day of her graduation she’s told her grandmother and only living relative has died in a tragic accident. Now alone and months away from being 18 Abby doesn’t know what to do. All she knows is that she’s not going back into the foster care system. When child services comes knocking on her door and then the Sheriff dumps her stuff onto the yard saying the house is going to be sold Abby is out of places to go. That’s when she meets Jack. Jack is definitely someone who Abby shouldn’t feel safe with, but she does and for the first time she feels safe. Jack takes her in, gets her a job, and finally gets her to open up about herself and her past. Within days he’s past the impenetrable barriers Abby has used for so long to keep herself safe. Jack has secrets too, a dark secret that makes him not only dangerous, but deadly.

First, off The Dark Light of Day is not for the faint of heart. This story is dark, edgy, and full of horrors. Both Jack and Abby have dark pasts and honestly at some points I wanted to cry for them and take away their pain. They honestly are so perfect for each other and they get each other in ways other people wouldn’t.

The main reason I loved this book so freaking much besides how realistic and the dual pov at times was all the character growth. I honestly love few things more in a story than character growth. Abby grew so much as a character from the girl afraid of touch to a strong independent woman who was taking care of the ones’ she loves. I honestly can’t express enough what an amazing character Abby is. Her strength is just amazing. She survives so much and honestly doesn’t see her own strength. She’s very innocent and yet not at the same time. I could go on and on, but I loved Abby’s character.

Jack is hot stuff. Seriously. I know he has a dark past and a beast inside him that I’m sure he loves letting out, but he is also gentle and caring and sweet and perfect. I love him with Abby and while he is a huge jerk in one of the scenes he so makes up for it later.

Jack and Abby are fantastic together. Even during their first encounters with their dark pasts you wouldn’t think this book or the characters would hold any humor at all but there were times in this book when I couldn’t help but laugh, sometimes at the insanity of it all.

He smiled. “Yeah, I like it.  It works.” He held me tighter. “You’re under my skin, Bee. I don’t really care what’s under your clothes.” Jake thought for a moment. “Scratch that. I’d be pretty pissed if it turns out you have a dick.”
“No, no dick,” I assure him. He sure knew how to break the tension of a serious conversation.

I can’t say too much more because I don’t want to give too much away so I will say I loved this book and honestly T.M. Frazier has become one of my favorite authors. Cannot wait to read more of her work.

Thank you so much T.M. Frazier for sending me a copy of The Dark Light of Day, this story and your amazing writing were life changing.

Teaser:
“This is where I buried my first body.”

Swoon:
Jack moaned into my neck. He pulled on my shoulder and positioned me onto my back. He lowered himself over me, holding my face in his hands. We were looking right into each other. Broken soul to broken soul.


T.M. (Tracey Marie) Frazier resides in sunny Southwest Florida with her husband and three feisty fur kids.
She attended Florida Gulf Coast University where she specialized in public speaking. After years working in real estate and new home construction, she decided it was finally time to stop pushing her dreams to the back burner and pursue writing seriously.
In the third grade she wrote her very first story about a lost hamster. It earned rave reviews from both her teacher and her parents.
It only took her twenty years to start the next one.
It will not be about hamsters.
You can reach her at TraceyMFrazier@gmail.com
Her next book is called KING and will be out sometime in 2014.
Check T.M. Frazier out at these sites: Website/ Facebook/ Twitter/ Goodreads/ Pinterest
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...