Sunday, March 2, 2014

Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Book Info:
Title: Crash Into You
Hardcover
474 pages
Published by Harlequin Teen
Release Date: November 26th 2013  
Get Your Copy: Amazon, B&N

Blurb:
From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane
The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.
Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.
But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.
My Review:
ISAIAH!!!! Oh my goodness oh my goodness Crash Into You could not have been more perfect. I was a little hesitant about Crash Into You because I thought the whole book would be about Isaiah getting over Beth and I wasn’t a huge fan of Dare To You, but I should not have doubted. Katie McGarry did not disappoint.

Isaiah has a problem, money. He has none and neither does his roommate and best friend/ brother Noah. Trying to figure out a way to get it he goes driving and crashes (not literally) straight into Rachel. Rachel is the replacement daughter. Her life revolves around being the perfect daughter her mother lost. Rachel isn’t her sister though. Rachel has anxiety so bad she throws up and once ended up in the hospital. One night, on a drive Rachel finds herself on the bad side of town and ends up getting saved by Isaiah but in the clutches of someone who will kill her to get back what’s his. Now Isaiah and Rachel have a six weeks to come up with a way to make back the money or they’ll both be owned.

So holy smokes Crash Into You had me from the very first pages. Isaiah was not what I expected. He very rarely uses drugs, and all he really wants is to be free and keep everyone he cares about safe. He’s all dark and scary on the outside but on the inside he is caring and not as bad ass as his outside persona would have people believe.

Rachel’s life really sucked. I loved her brothers and her family sometimes but they really sucked. They were overprotective but at the same time really didn’t seem to care about anything other than making their mom happy even if Rachel wasn’t. Katie McGarry really made Rachel’s story and Rachel as a character so vulnerable and innocent and likeable all I wanted to do was protect her. She doesn’t seem strong on the outside but she is definitely someone that I admired throughout the book. She really grew a lot as a character.

Crash Into You was fast paced and hot! The chemistry between Isaiah and Rachel was undeniable from the very first encounter. While Isaiah’s protectiveness keeps them apart for a while it’s not for long and boy of boy when they’re together it’s the sweetest most romantic thing ever. They were so cute together. Both have a love of cars and a vulnerability that was just amazing. Even when everything seemed to be going against them they stayed strong for each other no matter what and I loved that strength and devotion they had for each other.

I loved how Crash Into You brought in all the characters or well most of the characters from the first book. Echo and Noah were in it as well as Beth and Ryan and some of the minor characters from Dare You To make a big guest appearance. I just loved that.

Teaser:
“Look me in the eye and tell me that this family isn’t happier because I’m hiding what they can’t handle.” What I can’t handle.
“Maybe I should tell them.” There’s an edge of seriousness in his tone that creates horror movie fear.
“You wouldn’t.” I search for words. “You want mom happy, just like everyone else.”

Swoon:
“I can’t help it. I permit the tip of my tongue to barely brush his lower lip. Isaiah curls my hair into his fist and I love how my touch affects him, affects me.”

The amazing golden bat rating meaning this book is beyond perfect to me.

KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.
Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebook and Goodreads.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...