Monday, January 27, 2014

Review: Jet by Jay Crownover

Book Info:
Title: Jet
Series: Marked Men #2
Kindle Edition
416 pages
Published by William Morrow Paperbacks
Release Date: May 28th 2013
Add to TBR Pile
Get Your Copy: Amazon, B&N

Blurb:
With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes. She’s afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.

Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.

Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?


My Review:
A tattooed boy in a band: Jet! A girl with a dark past she wants to hide: Ayden.

Okay if you’re familiar with the Marked Men Series then you’re familiar with the characters in this second installment.

Ayden asked for one night with Jet a year ago and he declined saying she’s too good for a one night stand with him. Now a year later Ayden and Jet are living together with Cora. Shaw’s moved out and living with Rule and Ayden is dating a boy who wears sweater vest while pining for Jet.

Day after day Ayden and Jet move around each other pretending they have no feelings for each other. Ayden wants to put her past behind her but everything in her wants Jet and for that alone Ayden can’t be with him. Jet has put Ayden on a pedestal so high there’s no way he could reach her on his best day.

When Ayden finally realizes what she wants a.k.a. Jet they begin to be in a sort of a relationship. Hey both had issues from the past that they’re running from though and the past isn’t staying hidden any longer.

Bikers, drugs, sex, and music! I seriously loved Jet and Ayden’s story. The whole story had so many twists I never knew what was going to happen next. Jet is definitely sweet and vulnerable to a lot more than Rule and I liked that while they’re friends they’re still different.

I loved Jet both the book and the boy. Ayden is amazing too and I like how they both saw things in the each other that the other didn’t see.

Cannot wait for the next installment to find out who falls in love next! The ending was phenomenal and I was so glad it was a happy ending and I got to find out how Shaw and Rule’s relationship is progressing.

Great sequel to the series and I am sure you will love it. Amazing job Jay Crownover!

Great Quote:
“And that’s how it was. We walked the same way, no more running, no more fear, no more secrets. Just me and her, in sync and together, even though we came from two separate sides of the spectrum. I was her perfect future and she was my perfect love and that was how every good love song should end.
So it ends....at least for now.” 



I'm supposed to share interesting details about myself so that my readers get to know me so here we go in no particular order: I'm an natural redhead even though I haven't seen my real hair color in years, I'm a big fan of tattoos and have a half sleeve on either arm and various other pieces all over the place, I've been in the bar industry since I was in college and it has always offered interesting insight into how men and women interact with each other, I have 3 dogs that are all crazy, I live in Colorado and love the snow, I love music and in all reality wish I could be a rock star not a writer or a bartender but I have zero talent so there is that.
I love to write, love to read and all I'm interested in is a good story with interesting characters that make the reader feel something.
Thanks for taking the time to check my stuff out....
Jay Crownover

Check out Jay on these sites:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...