Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Review: Wounded Wings by Shauna Allen


Book Info:
Title: Wounded Wings
ARC-e-book
260 pages
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Published by Soul Mate Publishing
Release Date: December 18th 2013 
Get Your Copy: Amazon

Blurb:
Wounded.
Judged harshest by his own heart after the greatest of sins, Elijah Smith imposes the most brutal of punishments upon himself. He is now a fallen angel, cast down by his own hand—lost, suffering, caught between two worlds, and searching for redemption.
Scars.
Scarred emotionally and physically, Naomi Evans has always put her happiness aside to repay her debt to the one who saved her. Never quite fitting into her friendly little town after being abandoned as a child, she’s not sure love will ever find her aching heart.
Redemption.
New Destiny, Arizona will never be the same. Two strangers have rolled into town, shaking Heaven and Earth. One, a handsome loner is temporarily stranded and biding his time, quietly bestowing random acts of kindness on total strangers until he can be on his way. The second, an undercover Cupid named Michael, is determined to bring healing and true love.
His assignment? A fallen brother and his equally wounded soulmate.
Will Naomi be able to see past both their scars? Can Elijah ever forgive himself?

Is such redemption possible?

My Review:
I received a copy of Wounded Wings for an honest review.

Holy smoke! Shauna Allen has done it again! I fell in love with The Cupid Chronicles from the first book Inked by an Angel and that was it for me. I was in love. Shauna did not disappoint with Wounded Wings and from the first two sentences I kid you not I was in love. 

Elijah is a fallen angel. After cutting off his wings he tries to find redemption and ends up right in loves lap. Naomi gave up her dream of nursing to help her adoptive mother Vi with her bakery. Enter Michael and destiny and BAM you have a fantastic read that will have you reading through the night.

I loved the whole book honest to goodness. I loved how both characters were scarred and how both of the main characters connected to each other and how they continued to be all “I’m not into you” thing. 

Oh oh and the ending the ending! How they brought in the characters from the other books and how it hinted a certain someone will be finding love in the future! So freaking happy.

The characters ALL of them were amazing even the creepy magazine guy because he made Elijah jealous which was totally awesome. Elijah was such a sweet heart always caring and helping people without really trying to. Naomi was such a strong character and always so caring when it came to the people she loved she is definitely one of my favorite female characters.

All in all, get the book. I love how all the characters like God and the Angels seem so human. While they see past to the divine thing it wasn’t overpowering the book which I loved. I’m not hugely religious so you’d think I would have some reserves on that but honestly Shauna Allen writes it so amazingly I honestly couldn’t imagine not loving this series. 

Thank you Shauna Allen for sending me a copy of you amazing book! Definitely one of the best one’s all year!

Favorite Quote:
"It doesn't make me uncomfortable. Just confused."
"Confused?"
"Yes"
"Why?"
"Well,  because when you kissed me the first time? His eyes darkened, hooking her. "I was in no pain and yet, I feel the same."
She swallowed. "What do you feel?"
"I feel..." He shifted his weight and huffed a breath as if frustrated with himself. "All I can seem to think about anymore is you, Naomi. I want to be with you. I want to see you smile. I want to go out with you again, on a real date." He gazed into her eyes with a dark unsmiling gaze. "I want to kiss you."


About the Author:
Shauna grew up an only child with two open and loving parents in Central Texas. She’s married to her high school sweetheart and is the mother to three fantastic (no, that’s not a typo!) teenagers, including one she's about to send off to the Air Force.
When she’s not writing, editing, or acting as personal assistant to two NYT Bestselling authors, Shauna enjoys reading, movies with Gerard Butler, vacays to the beach, and hangin’ with the kiddos–even if they don’t like hangin’ with her!
Shauna would love for you to visit her at her website and blog at: www.shaunaallen.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/shauna.allen.12
Twitter : http://tiny.cc/s0dlmw
Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/shaunaallen7/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...