Monday, December 9, 2013

Review: All My Life

Book Info:
Title: All my Life
Series: First Things #1
ebook
152 pages
Published by Tiefenbacher Pubs
Release Date: May 11th 2013
Add to Goodreads
Get Your Copy: Amazon, B&N

Blurb:
Seventeen-year-old Kari meets Neil Mars. “Neil as in Armstrong and Mars…as in Bruno.” A boy who beats every vampire, werewolf, highlander fantasy Kari has ever had. But she knows she can’t get close to him. That would mean telling him everything. And Kari can’t bear the idea of changing the way Neil looks at her. His reverence is something too precious to lose. Even at the cost of losing him.

***
Full length New Adult Contemporary Romance.



My Review:
I received a copy of All My Life for an honest review.

Kari is being blackmailed out of her money after losing her virginity to a guy on video. Now she’s in college and has only one more year to pay him off and she’ll be free. The problem is money is dwindling, so when she sees a tattoo shop is hiring she quickly becomes an apprentice to the owner. There she makes her first real friends in years and Neil Armstrong. The man who oozes sex appeal and sweetness all in one whom also happens to be the boss’ son. Kari wants to careful though she’s already been burned by one man before and she doesn’t have it in her to do it again.

Well I had high expectations for this one but I came out disappointed. The story was interesting enough it was the main character Kari I had a problem with and the whole “insta-love” aspect of All My Life that ruined this book for me. That and every time the main character had a thought all that came out was “Jesus!” Yeah okay I really didn’t need that the entire book.

Other than that the story was interesting. Neil was a fine guy who cares about Kari and seems sweet. The tattoo shop was really cool and the twist at the end made for an interesting read.

All in all, I wouldn’t highly recommend this but I wouldn’t completely shut it down either. I think this book was just not for me and many people would love the main character.

Thank you author Rucy Ban for the opportunity you gave me to read your book.


About the Author:
Rucy Ban was born in 1978 and still continues to thrive. Ever since she first met Francine (the protagonist of her favorite novel, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn), Rucy fell in love with the written word. Rucy has a B-school degree in Marketing which she now puts to good use teaching lovable rowdy rogues and negotiating with her equally belligerent adolescent. In her previous avatar, she handled corporate communications for companies. At present, Rucy lives in Sao Paulo, travels often, speaks decent, if not quite fluent, Portuguese and really hates talking about herself in third person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...