Sunday, November 3, 2013

Review: Losing It


Book Info:
Title: Losing It
Series: Losing It #1
Edition: e-book 
Pages: 204
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Published by Cora Carmack
Released: October 15th 2012
Add to Goodreads
To Buy: Amazon, B&N

Blurb
Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.


My Review:
I originally heard of this book because it was floating around every freaking where I couldn’t go on one page and not hear about this book. I had to see what the hype was about. The synopsis is what really pulled me in because while I’ve been a reader for like ever the concept behind the synopsis was so original I just needed to read it more.

The V-Card:
No I’m not talking about vampires. I am talking about virgins. Bliss the main character wants her virginity gone. Going to a club with her bestie seems like a great plan to do this. When she actually sees an attractive guy reading in a bar she’s immediately intrigued and decides this is the guy she wants to lose it to. Only at the last minute she has a mini freak out and leaves. Hello embarrassment factor although I probably would have done the same thing.

Forbidden Teacher:
Yup Bliss almost has the sexy time with her teacher. Actually he’s the new teacher to her favorite acting class. Whoopsie. When the two see each other and realize what almost happened the night before the resign to the fact that they can’t have each other. For a little while at least.

Big Trouble:
Bliss and Garrick a.k.a Mr. Forbidden Teacher don’t necessarily want to stay away from each other. The attraction they felt that first night at the bar is still there, actually stronger than ever now that they are getting to know each other. Even though Garrick could get into some major trouble for dating one of his students they both want each other badly.

Cats and Boys:
Bliss’ cat is a real a-hole and it really brings about a lot of humor that is Losing It. If nothing else Losing It was entertaining in all its dramatic, embarrassing, and hilarious moments that will absolutely make you laugh and cry. Bliss has some problems with boys in the fact that as soon as she finds herself attracted to Garrick her best friend Cade decides to finally tell her he has had a huge crush on her. If the timing wasn’t shit on that little bit of a confession I don’t know what is but yeah so not really a love triangle but definitely some two boy action going on.

"You have a ct named Hamlet?" 
"I do" Kill me now. "I definitely do." That was it. I was going to have to get a cat.

Ending Thoughts:

I enjoyed Losing It a whole lot. I think Cora Carmack is a complete genius in the magic she used to weave this romantic New Adult tale and I couldn’t have loved it more. The characters were great. The story line was amazing and fresh and I just loved it completely. Losing it is completely compelling and hilarious and I couldn’t recommend this book more if I tried. If you’ve ever read Nazarea Andres This Love and enjoyed it, it’s very similar to that only funnier I think. Hope you enjoy and if you haven’t read this book yet then you definitely should soon.

Favorite Quote:
He sat back away from me, but left his hands clenched on the back of my seat. "Did you sleep with him?"
"What? No!"
He didn't lean back towards me, but his grip on the chair loosened. One of his knuckles brushed my arm. "Good."
"Garrick..." He was going to that place we weren't supposed to go.
He smiled cheekily. "What? Just because I can't have you right now, doesn't mean I'm okay with him having you.

Oh Garrick and your sexy British accent. Yum Yum Yum!


About the Author:
Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend out of it. Awkward people need love, too. Her first book, LOSING IT, is a New York Times and USA Today bestseller.

To contact:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...