Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Review: A Blaze of Sun


Book Info:
Title: A Blaze of Sun
ARC
Release Date: October 28th, 2013
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance
To Buy: Amazon

Blurb:
Welcome back to The Shade...



"Of course you know who I am. I'm a daughter of the darkness just as surely as you are his son..." 

Ever since his brief encounter with Emilia at The Shade, Derek's thoughts and dreams have been haunted with images of the mysterious, beautiful brunette. Plagued with guilt, he struggles to understand why he is so drawn to this dark stranger from his past. 

When Emilia suddenly appears again on the island, Derek is both terrified and intrigued. But this time, he is determined to involve Sofia and discover who this woman is. 

If only Derek and Sofia knew, Emilia is a mystery that should be left undiscovered...


My Review:
I received a copy of A Blaze of Sun for an honest review.

Derek:
I did not like Derek in this book at all. I didn’t like how he used Sofia over and over again. He was obsessed with Emilia for most of it and then under her control and then just a cocky jerk and his character makes no sense to me anymore. He wasn’t the character I fell in love with and honestly that really made this book a downer for me.

Sofia:
Sofia is still the same phenomenal character she’s always been but better. She’s honestly perfection solidified. She’s always strong in her beliefs and never wavers. That being said she did have some insecurity in this one where I have never seen it before and I loved it. I made her such an amazing character because while she is the strong stable perfect heroin that I fell in love with in the first book she’s had an insecurity about her that just made her so much better.

The ending:
I didn’t like it. Ok that’s not true I did with the great cliffhanger but I don’t like what’s going to happen with Sofia and Derek so soon. She’s only 18 it just seems stupid to me if what they hinted at happening will happen.  I also didn’t like the break. Why go on a break when everything is in peril? I mean come on that doesn’t seem like something either of the characters would do but…ugh not happy with that ending.

Predictability:
Sadly it happened. Like I said I had some major problems with this book and this is the only book I have ever had the issue with this is that there was so much in this story I saw coming and it made me sad. I have never been able to guess what happens next in this series and then A Blaze of Sun comes out and BAM predictable. Again, another disappointment factor.

POV’S:
I loved the back stories to this book. Kyle and Ian and Emilia it was great all the back stories we got and I loved it. So great made this story bearable which was one of the only things.


My Overall Thoughts:
I honestly have to say A Blaze of Sun has been my least favorite of the series. I still love the series and love the characters but I don’t know how Bella Forrest is going to redeem it for me. Will I finish the series? Hell freaking yeah I will I have to know what happens next. Bella Forrest’ writing was still impeccable and while I’m not “in love” with this book as much as the other four books I still loved it. I am a counting down the days until book six.

Thank you so much Bella Forrest for sending me a copy of your book and I cannot wait for your second one. Write on Bella Forrest Write On!


To Check out the Author: Website/ Twtter/ Goodreads/ Facebook
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...