Monday, October 21, 2013

Music Monday #20 On the Plus Side


Music Monday is a blog review I post on my blog to change up my reviews, and to share my love of music.
Book Info:
Title: On the Plus Side
Series: Chubby Girl Chronicles #1
Kindle Edition
248 pages
Published January 19th 2013
Add to Goodreads
To Buy: Amazon, B&N

Blurb:
Big girls need love, too, but at what cost?

Lilly is loaded, not only with money, but with weight. Both things she could do without. But even with her undesired millionaire status, she doesn’t hold on to false hopes of finding true love. So when a sexy stranger comes into her life dripping with seduction, she finds it hard to resist. The bigger they are the harder they fall and Lilly falls straight through the floor in love with Mr. Sexy. Too bad he’s there for all the wrong reasons.

The chance of losing it all will make you do some crazy things and Devin’s willing to do whatever it takes to keep his life together. All seems lost when out of nowhere he’s approached by a Millionaire Momma with an offer he can’t refuse. But even a womanizer like Devin has a heart and when the short, chunky girl with the carefree attitude breaks through his icy faƧade, he finds that losing everything takes on a whole new meaning.
***Warning: this book contains graphic language, sex, and violence. Mature readers only. Not intended for young adult readers.***

Music:
This week I chose the song Video by Indie. Arie. She is one of my favorite artists especially because of this song. It holds a special place in my heart I first heard this song when I was going through puberty. I was in a dance class and was the biggest girl there. I wasn't fat..per say I was muscular in areas I was supposed to be thin and chubby in places I was supposed to be fit. It sucked. I got boobs and hips early and no one not even the teacher thought I was skinny. I wasn't. I loved food and still do to this day. I struggle with my weight on a daily and in a world where being thin is the ideal..well you can guess how I was feeling. This song was what changed things around for me and that's why I chose this song for On the Plus Side. To check out the lyrics go here!
My Review:
Devin is running out of time. His father took out a loan and now they have 90 days to pay the bank or they lose everything. When a rich woman approaches him asking him to date her daughter in exchange for paying off the entire loan and then some he jumps on board to save his family.

Lilly is lonely. While she’s loaded with money Lilly does everything she can to work hard for everything she has. Lilly is also chubby which has caused her a lot of grief over the years. Thinking she’ll be alone forever Lilly is more than surprised when a Mr. Tall dark and sexy walks into her store and asks her on a date.

Devin has never met anyone like Lilly. While on the chubby side he finds her easy to be around and is constantly torn between what he needs to do for his family and how he feels for Lilly. He also has another problem, a problem he never say coming. He’s attracted to Lilly. As time goes on and the relationship becomes more than either ever hoped for both Devin and Lilly, Devin needs to decide what’s more important money or love.

Holy smokes this is honestly one of the best books I have ever read. I immediately fell for both of the main characters. Devin with his dark feelings and constant conflicting emotions he was easy to fall for. Lilly is such a great main character as well. She’s completely relatable with her tragic past, insecurities, and hidden inner strength. Lilly is honestly one of the most relatable characters I have ever read. 

Weight and self-esteem is a huge topic in On the Plus Side which is amazing that the main character wasn’t another skinny girl. Not being skinny myself I could definitely relate more to the insecurities Lilly deals with every day.  In the beginning Devin isn’t into Lilly because of her size although he finds her beautiful on the inside but in the end he loves all of her for who she is.

Devin is so swoon. He’s protective for everyone he cares about and he definitely shows just how protective he is for Lilly and his family throughout the whole story and his warring emotions over what’s right for all of them makes his even more likeable. He can be a bit of a douche sometimes in the book but man oh man he makes up for it time and time again so it’s ok. 

All in all in case you didn’t get it before I loved On the Plus Side by Tabatha Short. Original story with such amazing characters I couldn’t help but fall in love. I cannot wait for the next installment of this amazing series and Tabatha Short is an absolute genius. I love Lilly and Devin and just everything about this book. I couldn’t put this book down and after I finished I immediately wanted to reread it. I would recommend this book to all the world and I think this book shows that beauty and love can come in all shapes and sizes. 

Favorite Quotes:
"There are a few things in my life that you'd have to pry form my cold, dead fingers before they were ever taken from me. The first is Spanx. Which, in my opinion, are the best man-made contraptions ever, better than electricity or chocolate. The creators of these life changing pieces of clothing should be put on a pedestall for all chubby girls in the world to worship."-Lilly



About the Author:
Tabatha's been writing since she could pick up a pencil. Her first publication was a little poem in her elementary school paper, from that point on she was hooked. When she was a teenager, she traded in her girly magazines for personalized writing notebooks. At nineteen, she met her own personal prince charming and writing took a back burner for a while. She's now married to that prince and the mother of a beautiful seven-year-old princess/rock star. Once her daughter was born, writing came back into her life, and she finished her very first novel, Wicked Fate, in May of 2009. She's now pursuing her English degree and she hopes to one day teach while continuing to write.

 To Contact: Blog/ Facebook/ Goodreads/ Twitter
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...