Friday, October 4, 2013

Blog Tour: Zeus, Inc Author Interview


1. What genre would you say Zeus, Inc. is classified under?

That's sort of a tough question. On the one hand, the novel is sort of science fiction, as it takes place in the near future. On the other, due to its mythological themes, it's also fantasy. But there's a crime drama in there, along with a bit of a thriller and hints of horror. I didn't really write it with one genre in mind and it seems I've covered a lot of my favorite genres with the story.


2. What inspired your book Zeus, Inc.?

Spoiler alert! I had this weird dream one night about being in a city somewhere in space and all of the technology was powered by the Greek gods. It was one of those dreams that stuck with me and the only way I could get it out of my hand was to write it down. That eventually became Zeus, Inc.


3. After having read Zeus, Inc. I need to know will there be a sequel?

There is a sequel! It's called "The Curse of Hekate," and should be out possibly next year. I've also started outlining ideas for a third book in the series.


4. What was the hardest part about writing Zeus, Inc. or writing in general?

I wrote the first rough draft of Zeus, Inc. during NaNoWriMo. It was hard for me to get into the habit of sitting down every day and writing for an hour or longer. I still struggle with that at times, as life occasionally gets in the way, but I do try to make an appointment with myself at least five times a week to do nothing but write.


5. Favorites: Food, song, place to read and or write?

I don't have a favorite food, per se, as I pretty much love all food. I consider myself somewhat of a foodie and I love to cook and try recipes I've never made before. However, with that being said, I do love chocolate. 

My favorite place to read is on my back deck on a sunny day. It's the perfect reading nook. As I work from home, I try to take a lunch break every day and after I've eaten, I go outside and read for an hour. It's a great way to break up the day.

My favorite place to write is in my office. My day job is also as a writer, so I usually spend most of my time in front of my PC. My office is not only comfortable, but also has photos on the walls that make me smile and remind me of why I do what I do.


6.How hard is it to get out your books to the world?

Thanks to the internet, it's not hard at all anymore. The hardest part is getting the word out there, which is why bloggers like you are so important. Having a publisher now has also helped a great deal in that department.


7. Who was the first person you told about your book and what was their reaction?

I don't think there was any one person that I told, as when I started writing Zeus, Inc., I was constantly on social media talking about. I told the world, I guess. It helped me to commit to working on the book and later gave me a good audience.


8. Which character was your favorite to write?

I love Alex. There is a lot of myself in her, a lot of her personality traits come from my own personal experience. She is, however, much tougher than I am. I love that strength about her, but I also like that she's not perfect and has flaws. It was important to me to make her as believable as possible, but also to make her a hero.


9. Do you have any advice for beginner writers?

The best advice I could give is simple: just write! Take part in things like NaNoWriMo or do daily creative writing exercises. Everytime you type something or put pen to paper, you're improving your writing skills.

10. Tell us what's one thing many people don't know about you?

I'm a big blabbermouth on social media, so I can't really think of anything. However, at times, I can be extremely shy, especially when I'm in a new and unfamiliar situation. That's usually a surprise to people who know me.


About Zeus, Inc. 

Don't miss the Zeus, Inc. Blog Tour giveaway. You could win ebook copies of Zeus Inc. , along with a $25 Amazon gift card. Even better? Winning is easy: see details on how to enter below. 

To be entered to win:

1. Pick up a copy of Zeus, Inc. for $2.99 at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo or anywhere else ebooks are sold.

2. Enter the Rafflecopter contest below.

About Zeus, Inc. 

(Biting Dog Publications) - 50 years ago, mysterious Zeus, Inc. CEO Joseph Brentwood saved the world from a major energy crisis by discovering a new unlimited energy resource. Now, in 2069, Mr. Brentwood has gone missing and private eye Alex Grosjean has been hired to find him. Alex’s search leads her through her own murky past and into the fantastical depths of Hell itself, where she discovers that no one is who or what they seem to be.

Robin Burks is not only a journalist for DVICE.com and RebelGaming.com, but also for her own site FanGirlConfessions.com. Robin has just published her first novel: Zeus, Inc. with Biting Dog Publications and is working on its sequel The Curse of Hekate. A science fiction trilogy, The Book of Revelations, is also currently in the works. An internet addict, she can often be found on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. She also loves to read , act, sing, play video games and travel. Robin currently lives in Missouri with her four cats. She also occasionally speaks French and loves Doctor Who. Visit Robin on her website, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or GoodReads.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...