Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blog Tour: Burned in Shadows

Book Info:
Title: Enslaved In Shadows

ebook 
232 pages
Published by Book Rhythm
Add to Goodreads
To Buy: B&N, Amazon

Blurb:
A man's Past leads to his Future......

Agent Stone of the Shadow Unit's job is simple, most days. Work in the Shadows, police his own Kind.

When an unwanted assignment turns out to be his darkest fantasy from the past, Draven can't help but be conflicted by the memories of the past and his responsibilities in the future. But his decision has been made.

The Heart of a woman is Tested........

Jes can't let the tall dark agent back into her life.
How can she trust any man after what she's endured. Years of abuse have broken her down and she doesn't have room for more. The man she turns to for help hasn't abused her physically but he's tormented her emotionally. A past betrayal left her scarred, but also brought her life.

Can she accept him into her heart and trust him again?

One will survive and adapt, the other will realize hearts can be mended even if it’s a bit too late.

The road to forgiveness sometimes only brings more pain. Unexpected events set their lives on two separate tracks leading to one outcome. Lives will be changed and an emotional battle to save their souls will leave them both trapped and enslaved in their need for one another.


My Review:
I received a copy of Enslaved in Shadows for an honest review.

Alpha Male:
Davin Stone is one hot hunky alpha male werewolf. In the first encounter of him he gives off the presence of a strong male and boy oh boy does that prove right time and time again in any and all circumstances of his life. He protects and loves Jes and her daughter with everything he has. He takes charge especially the major action scenes when someone is in danger. In an argument or in bed he dominates and it is oh so sexy.

What Hurts the Most:
Jes believes she’s damaged goods after what her ex-husband Marcus put her through. When she ran for help with what we would call the Supernatural Police or Shadow Unit to get justice against what he’s doing to the supernatural and herself she runs straight into the arms of the man who originally broken her heart after a no-name on night stand. With Davin doing everything he can to knock down her defenses and mend her broken heart. Jes after being hurt for so long also needs to decided to let him back in and to make a future together with her daughter.

Strong Female Characters:
I have a strong love for all strong female characters and I think what I love about them most is that they always underestimate themselves with their strength. Jes definitely does that in Enslaved In Shadows and I loved her all the more for it.

Dual POV Action:
If you have ever been on my blog before you know I swoon when I know or read a book with dual POV’s. It’s was definitely icing on the cake for this book because I loved hearing Davin’s side with his alpha male voice along with his werewolf side. Sometimes they came together and other times they butted heads and I loved it. I loved seeing his interaction with Jes after so long and just everything about Davin is so strong but also so loving and it totally made me fall in love with his character. Jes’s POV was exactly what I expected. She fights with herself a lot of the time on her feelings for Davin but we all know who holds to key to her heart and Soul.

Diversity and Awesomesauce writing:
I have never read anything before by Tigris Eden but from the first pages I was hooked. I loved the fact that Jes was biracial because there are not enough books out there with biracial characters.  So woot woot to that because that was another reason I totally fell in love with Jes. Tigris Eden made a fantastic world with so many amazing characters and it is so genius the way all the characters played together and there were so many unexpected twists and turns I never knew what to expect. I so loved it.

Holy Cliffhangers Batman!
Tigris Eden definitely leaves readers with the biggest cliffhanger of all time. Literally! You will honestly never see it coming and it will be a huge shocker. I was completely left with the need to go and find the sequel and start it as soon as I finished it.

All in all I am in love with the Shadow Unit Series and Tigris Eden is making it on my favorite authors list. Enslaved in Shadows is action packed and full of surprises. The supernatural world clashes with gods and humans you know it has to be the ride or read of a lifetime. 


Blog Tour Schedule!

About the Author:
There is really not much to say... I love to write, read, and listen to music. My attempt at a music career sadly ended at the Apollo one warm night in May! LOL (Side note: I was not booed just outdone by two munchkins rapping to Biggy Smalls but they were good!)

Military brat extraordinaire; have traveled to a lot of interesting places.

The very first time I put pen to paper in story fashion, was in 6th grade. It was called The Case of the Missing Pepperoni.

It was a cute mystery where all the ingredients and shop appliances came to life when the store owner closed up for the evening.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...