Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Book Blitz: Guarded Hearts

Title: Guarded Heart
Author: C.A Harms
Release date: April 29th, 2013
Genre: Young Adult
Tour: Irresistible Reads Book Tours


Blurb:
Life can be very scary...Really Scary when a wounded heart is involved. Giving your entire heart to someone is hard enough once but when it is completely shattered by the one person you believed would always keep it safe only makes it almost impossible to give it away a second time.

Insecurity and Jealousy play a huge roll in Samantha Riggins life as she has her whole world ripped from her when she least expects it. Will she recover and be able to allow herself to love again or continue pushing away the one person that would give anything to be able to heal her and himself by loving one another.

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17730616-guarded-heart

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Guarded-Heart-ebook/dp/B00C4HXHA2/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1_7T3Y

My Review:
I received a copy of Guarded Hearts for an honest review.

Weeks before Samantha Riggins and her long term boyfriend Tony are supposed to get married Sam walks in on Tony and her cousin doing it on the kitchen table. Kicking both of them out Sam throws out all of Tony’s things and tries to move on with her life. When months go by and Sam seems to be getting better, her best friend Ali sets up a date for her. Little do either of them know what will become of what was supposed to be a one night stand turns into something a lot more. Add in sickness, married, and pregnancy and Sam and Wes her hotties lives are going to change forever.

Relationship Issues:
Sam after she finds her fiancĂ© cheating on her becomes very guarded about men and trust in general. So when Wes wants more than one night of fantastic sexy time Sam becomes scared. Throughout the entire story she struggles with her trust issues, which really puts a strain on many of her relationships with the people she’s close to.

Annoying Characters:
Tony Sam’s ex bf is a major annoyance to me. I swear from the description I though Sam would go back to him but thankfully she didn’t because he was a real jerk. He was constantly cheating on Sam and then told that “I’ll always love you” what a jerk! Sam’s mother was a real bootie hole too and I was so glad when Sam told her off.

All in all:
I have to say that that Guarded Hearts was a very realistic story about life and love. Definitely a nice quick read with realistic characters set in a realistic world. While I did find the story a tad predictable and the characters a bit aggravating at times I guess since its set in reality I would feel the same if I knew these people.


About the Author:
I enjoy writing and have always enjoyed creating little stories in my head. Since I was very young I like creating scenes and deciding the outcomes. I have just recently decided to transfer them onto Amazon and share with others. I enjoy created stories then expressing those onto paper. I hope you enjoy my stories and I appreciate everyone’s interest. I enjoy writing romance with a little twist here and there to make it interesting. I love angst and tension within my stories. I try to keep it realistic to everyday life and our daily struggles that we all may face. Everyone loves a happy ending and in life that is not always the outcome. So why not live in a fantasy world where happy endings do happen. It is easy to wrap yourself up in a story and imagine that life. Take a ride through my imagination with my stories. I hope you enjoy.Thank you.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-CA-Harms/354791947956151

Participating Blogs: http://bit.ly/1eHXqDd

Library Mosaic – Review

MRS. ME28 – Review

Reese’s Reviews – Review

Paulette’s Papers – Book Excerpt

Maria’s Book Blog – Review

Nevaeh’s New Adult Book Blog – Book Excerpt

Escape By Fiction – Review

Deb’s Crazy Obsession – Guest Post or Book Excerpt

Zakirrah’s Book Blog – Guest Post

Book Geeks Unite – Promotional Post

The Book Obsessed Momma – Book Excerpt

Rose & Beps Blog – Promotional Post

Book Tours Banner to add the link.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...