Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Blog Tour Review: Living In The Aftermath

Title: Living In The Aftermath (The Ties That Binf Us 02)
Author: K.A. Coleman
Release date: June, 2013
Genre:  Young Adult
Tour: Irresistible Reads Book Tours

Book Description:
At the start of her junior year, Savannah had it all: popularity, money, cheerleading, a boyfriend, and a best friend.Unfortunately, when you have it all, you risk losing everything. After a tragic accident forever changes her life and the lives of her friends, Savannah finds herself faced with a decision to make. She can try to slip back into her old life, flaws and all, or she can try to redefine herself for her last year of high school. Is it even possible that Savannah can change after having everything go her way for 18 years? 
Jacob has nothing to lose. He has seen one too many schools and wants nothing more than to graduate, so he can finally stay in one place for more than a year. In fact, Jacob thinks he has every clique and student pegged after switching schools so frequently. When Jacob finds himself face to face with Savannah, he realizes that she doesn’t quite fit into one of the high school stereotypes.


In fact, they’re both harboring rather big secrets. Maintaining a friendship or any kind of relationship can be akin to balancing on the thinnest of tight ropes. When the rope is made of lies, revenge, and half-truths, well, it’s only a matter of time before everything and everyone comes crashing down.

Goodreads – http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18074914-living-in-the-aftermath

My Review:
Savannah is starting her senior year without a boyfriend, without a best friend, and being best friends with her ex-boyfriend and ex enemy. Nothing is going as planned since living in the misery of the aftermath of an accident that plagued the small group of friends that lost one of their friends. When Savannah sees Toby a wanna be popular kid that has grown hot over the summer she decides she has to have him. Setting things in motion against her friends wished Savannah seeks out Toby only to find out he has a secret, a girlfriend. With the discovery and betrayal stinging hard Savannah works on becoming who she was before and a revenge plan that will ruin Toby forever.
Jacob is at yet another new school. Never having stayed anywhere long Jacob doesn’t plan on making any friends or enjoying this year but he gets the shock of his life when Savannah and her friends invite him into their broken down group and show him what it’s like to have friends that care. When the time comes to coming out to his parents, prom, and graduating Jacob never realized how important it was to have people who love and care about you. Together Jacob and Savannah become best friends, but there are many trials and after high school they don’t know if their friendship will last.

Wow! First off Living in the Aftermath was amazing. I was really surprised because when I read Holding On and Letting Go I wasn’t a huge fan of Savannah so I wasn’t sure how I was going to deal with her constant pov in Living in the Aftermath. A huge surprise happened though because I ended up loving Savannah and Jacob. Jacob was probably my favorite character out of both books and out of the two character pov’s in this story. K.A Coleman definitely wove an intricate story of staying true to oneself no matter what. I loved seeing the past characters from other outsider perspectives because I feel that’s such a more adequate way to gage what kind of character they are outside their own heads. I LOVED the fact that Jacob was gay! I didn’t know until they said it in the book but I loved that he had his own struggles and I think it gives a good insight as to how difficult it is when people around you aren’t as supportive as we need them to be.

Savannah despite having everything she could ever need or want was a very insecure character. She always doubted herself and I think that aspect is what made her relatable and bearable.  Savannah doesn’t care what others think accept her friends. She takes whatever her friends say very personally and is quick to defend anyone and everyone who tries to hurt her or her friends. In many ways she’s just like Emerson in the first book Holding On and Letting Go.

Jacob was an amazing character to read from. He’s such a normal down to earth guy with everyday problems. I don’t know what else to say accept that I loved reading from his perspective more than Savannah’s because he was more relatable.

All in all, Living in the Aftermath is an amazing sequel in what will soon be an amazing series or trilogy, I don’t know what K.A. Coleman has planned but I will definitely be on board with her amazing story telling and even better characters.


Quote:
"I'd like to say that I'm the exception and that my life went on as per normal or with animals hanging out with me while I sang and waited for my prince to come sweep me off my feet. We see that story over and over as kinds, so we're practically indoctrinated to believe the whole thing can come true. Well guess what? Fairy tales lie. Who writes all of that anyway? Most likely someone who bedazzles her clothes with sequins and loves kittens and pictures of babies dressed as plotted flowers. I kind of hate that person."






About the Author
I'm not really going to write a biography. Though I am supportive of the high schools and colleges I have attended, it's probably not actually the most interesting stuff about me. I'm going to do a list of five really random things instead for now. 1) I like making lists. It's weird, and I never actually scratch things off of the list. 2) I sing and dance in the car like a maniac. 3) For the first six years of my life, I truly believed a shark lived under my bed. I watched Jaws at too young of an age. 4) Without a doubt, I am a night person. I am enormously grumpy when first woken up in the morning. 5) When I was younger, I read almost every Nancy Drew book, both new and old. I had a notebook, and I would take notes to see if I could figure out who the "bad guy" was before Nancy did. We probably tied.

Social Links:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucy-Kelly/483595358375537

Goodreadshttps://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7020385.Lucy_A_Kelly

Twitterhttp://www.twitter.com/KA_Coleman

Monday, July 1:
Library Mosaic – Promotional Post

Tuesday, July 2:
Reader Rising – Review

Wednesday, July 3:
Moringo Reviews – Book Excerpt
Zakirah’s Book Blog – Book Excerpt

Thursday, July 4:
Chrissi Reads – Review

Friday, July 5:
Yesterday and tomorrow’s Reads – Guest Post

Sunday, July 7:
Divergent Gryffindor – Promotional Post

Monday, July 8:
To be filled

Tuesday, July 9:
Starbucks and Books Obsession – Review

Wednesday, July 10:

Reese’s Reviews – Review
Bookwyrming Thoughts – Promotional Post

Thursday, July 11:
My Midnight Fantasies – Book Excerpt

Friday, July 12: 
Wrap-up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...